• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Northern Conductor 19/20 Talent Pool

Status
Not open for further replies.

jhlouise

I contacted HR after not having heard anything following my medical. I was informed that I passed but that they had yet to confirm starting dates. They also told me that after nine months my application would expire and I would have to re-apply, which has left me quite concerned. I don't mind waiting, but I really don't want to have to apply again. Is this likely to happen?

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

CreamNCookies

So my application expired. But I have been given a chance to be re-assessed again next week.

If anyone is in the talent pool now, think of that as a little lifeline if you are worrying about not getting pulled out of the pool.

ToonSupa123

When you say “re-assessed” are they looking to see if you’re still suitable, and place you back in a pool for up to 9 months? I’m currently in a pool for a conductor position at Newcastle. My application will be due to expire in October.

CreamNCookies

I have to do the whole assessment and interview again.

I'm not to fussed about it all, and I feel confident about it, but when it comes to the question "tell what you know about Northern", this may throw a curve ball.

Do I mention the franchise change over... :lol:

ToonSupa123

Slightly disheartening to think it could be the same again, thinking will I, won’t I get a start date for 9 month. But better than being out of it all together.

Can’t do any harm mentioning it. Shows them you’re aware of the upcoming changes.

Yorks lass

I was interviewed the day after it was announced that arriva would be having the franchise taken off them . I was asked what I knew about Northern so I just said about the news, who would be taking over and my thoughts on what had happened.
I must have done OK because I've passed everything and due to start on my course in March, just waiting for my contract.

Last edited:

CreamNCookies

I was interviewed the day after it was announced that arriva would be having the franchise taken off them . I was asked what I knew about Northern so I just said about the news, who would be taking over and my thoughts on what had happened.
I must have done OK because I've passed everything and due to start on my course in March, just waiting for my contract.

This has been an excellent help!

Congratulations on your start too!

jhlouise

It seems that many people interview and then wait several months before hearing anything. My situation has left me feeling a bit lost, as I interviewed and was contacted the same day to arrange my medical, which was the following week. It seemed like everything was moving quickly, but I haven't heard anything else since January. I also haven't received any email correspondence (aside from one regarding the changes on March 6th) even though I was told at interview that I would.

I just hope I get an offer before my application expires.

Status
Not open for further replies.