• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Northern Dec 2019 Timetable Bid

Status
Not open for further replies.

Djgr

Established Member
https://www.minsterfm.com/news/local/2971687/new-train-service-for-malton-and-norton-delayed/
Now being officially reported that the new York-Malton-Scarborough Northern service has been postponed until next year. This will be a disappointment to regular users like me who can face service gaps of well over an hour when one train is cancelled and the following one is late. The traffic protestors in Malton will be cheering, however, as they are predicting carnage at the doubling of the level crossing closures in the town

Northern strike again. The TOC that keeps on giving (grief)

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

yorkguy

https://www.minsterfm.com/news/local/2971687/new-train-service-for-malton-and-norton-delayed/
Now being officially reported that the new York-Malton-Scarborough Northern service has been postponed until next year. This will be a disappointment to regular users like me who can face service gaps of well over an hour when one train is cancelled and the following one is late. The traffic protestors in Malton will be cheering, however, as they are predicting carnage at the doubling of the level crossing closures in the town

A good example of the current useless TPE service is today. The service gap between Malton and Scarborough was just short of 3 hours (06.48 and 09.45). This was down to a cancellation followed by a late running service. For people like me relying on the service to get to work in Scarborough, a peak period, 3 hour service gap is diabolical. No wonder so many of my colleagues have abandoned this joke of a service.

Status
Not open for further replies.