• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Northern Pacer Withdrawals - Info?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

superkev

Established Member
Another path to Kingsbury. Didn't know there was a previous one.
What's at Kingsbury, storage, scrap, export?
Thanks
K
Answering my own questions Kingsbury is the home of EMR Kingsbury metal recycling.
Anyone know numbers of the units going to both EMR Kingsbury and Sims recycling Newport docks as mentioned earlier in the thread.
K

IamTrainsYT

Apologies for the amount of replies I made, I thought the site wasn’t posting the replies however it turns out it went onto pg61

IamTrainsYT

Answering my own questions Kingsbury is the home of EMR Kingsbury metal recycling.
Anyone know numbers of the units going to both EMR Kingsbury and Sims recycling Newport docks as mentioned earlier in the thread.
K
No numbers yet, I believe the Newport one will be cancelled

Last edited:

61653 HTAFC

Veteran Member
If (and I appreciate that's a BIG if...) the units heading to Wales DO see use, number 49 will cause anguish to those unsuspecting Valleys passengers!

IamTrainsYT

The run to Newport sims was cancelled today
image0.png

HSP 2

Some of the jungle drums around here have been getting a bit of a bashing, all to do with two ECS moves on Sunday 15/12/19. The first is 5T42 Wigan Wallgate CS, and the second one is 5T43 Blackburn King Street.
I have heard that they are going to be trains of between three or four 142s going to Barrow for cold storage.

Has anyone any news on this.

IamTrainsYT

Some of the jungle drums around here have been getting a bit of a bashing, all to do with two ECS moves on Sunday 15/12/19. The first is 5T42 Wigan Wallgate CS, and the second one is 5T43 Blackburn King Street.
I have heard that they are going to be trains of between three or four 142s going to Barrow for cold storage.

Has anyone any news on this.
It’s pathed as sprinters and could be exactly that, barrow cs is an active northern depot

HSP 2

Yes Barrow is an active depot that has just had a lot of work done on the two or three back roads that have not been in use for years.
Not all trains that are pathed for sprinters get sprinters, the Bentham line is a case in point.

Spartacus

Established Member
3 of the better ones and the cold bus seated ones are still running around looking in an awful state

I wouldn't' be surprised if mechanical condition has more to do with it than seat design.

Status
Not open for further replies.