• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Northern Penalty Fare Scheme Stoke Line

Status
Not open for further replies.

Established Member
Hi Folks,

Apologies if this is the wrong section but just saw the posters at Macclesfield and Poynton station that Penalty Fares will apply on Northern services from the 25th June.

Does anyone know if all stations to Stoke are included and any other lines that start on that date?

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

scrapy

Established Member
Hi Folks,

Apologies if this is the wrong section but just saw the posters at Macclesfield and Poynton station that Penalty Fares will apply on Northern services from the 25th June.

Does anyone know if all stations to Stoke are included and any other lines that start on that date?
Yes all stations supposedly included although I'm not sure if you'll be able to get a promise to pay from Virgin/EMT machines although these do take cash (or their is one adjacent that does). Northern haven't confirmed Longport won't be included but at present I don't think it has any ticket facilities.

Other routes starting 25th June are

Blackpool South to Preston
Blackpool North to Preston
Preston to Liverpool
Preston to Manchester via Chorley
Preston to Manchester via Wigan
Leeds to Doncaster
Leeds to Nottingham

Deafdoggie

Established Member
I can confirm there are no facilities at Longport. Not just no ticket machine, no facilities at all :lol: However, there are only two Northern trains a day anyway!
How would penalty fares work at a station with no machine?

mallard

Established Member
How would penalty fares work at a station with no machine?

They'll probably just PF everyone and expect them to go through the complex months-long appeals process to get their money back (or just home that most won't bother; good for revenue!)...

Status
Not open for further replies.