• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Northern Rail breaching NRCoC

Status
Not open for further replies.

pemma

Veteran Member
We still don't know the price of the ticket that was paid for, but it's becoming increasingly likely that the £200 example may in fact be very far removed from the value of the ticket in this case and we're talking a very small amount.

I gave an example of a £200 and a £4 fare as the two extremes that Northern may have to compensate for. From my local station £4 is the cheapest useful fare and an Anytime ticket to London with a Northern connection costs around the £200 mark.

The actual value was of the ticket was around £20.
--- old post above --- --- new post below ---
Only applies to international journeys (which in the UK is Eurostar and Enterprise), as the DFT exempted all domestic journeys from the regulations for five years.

It's also not the link I was referring to earlier. That one specifies compensation for delays opposed to what a transport operator must do to avoid passengers being stranded or what they must do if it is impossible for them to get the passenger home until the next day.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.