• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Northern Rail roles at Leeds

Status
Not open for further replies.

Louby

Is it pretty standard to pass the application and 1st set of online tests?

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

JCLeeds

Is it pretty standard to pass the application and 1st set of online tests?

Not sure how 'standard' - I believe the application alone filters out a huge no. of people - at driver interview they told me only a minority of applicants get asked to interview after application, so if you have passed these, consider yourself well done so far :)

Louby

Sorry didn't explain it too well, I thought they might have had a sift initially, I've passed the first online assessment , just waiting for sift for interview , I take it e wry body gets thought to that first assessment ( the 150 questions) and I take it the dsi test is no more ?
--- old post above --- --- new post below ---
Very bad spelling !! Sorry

challyabnger

hi I have also applied for the trainee driver for the leeds position. I first applied back in august and passed the online assessment only to be told in September they was cancelling the course for 2013., by the time October came the post had come back up but at leeds, so I applied and received an email stating as I had already passed the online assessment I am waiting for the next stage which is the driver assessment day I think. I then received an email on 4th November 2013 stating they are still sifting. HAS ANYONE HEARD ANYTHING ELSE AT THIS STAGE AS I STILL HAVE NOT HEARD ANYTHING SINCE THIS LAST EMAIL.

Louby

hi I have also applied for the trainee driver for the leeds position. I first applied back in august and passed the online assessment only to be told in September they was cancelling the course for 2013., by the time October came the post had come back up but at leeds, so I applied and received an email stating as I had already passed the online assessment I am waiting for the next stage which is the driver assessment day I think. I then received an email on 4th November 2013 stating they are still sifting. HAS ANYONE HEARD ANYTHING ELSE AT THIS STAGE AS I STILL HAVE NOT HEARD ANYTHING SINCE THIS LAST EMAIL.

Nope still waiting
--- old post above --- --- new post below ---
But interviews were this week, so we are assuming the worst

challyabnger

I really hope not they are naughty if they have commenced interviews or driver assessments without telling everyone who has or hasnt got to the next stage. I have rang the hr recruitment department and one advisor said the person that deals with this section is out due to driver assessments this week in doncaster. Itwiould be unfair if this has happened

Louby

It's not like them to be honest they are normally pretty good at letting you know, they have changed the process I think, did we miss on the app stage over not letting us know after a certain period??

challyabnger

Dont get what u mean did we miss on the application stage. We couldnt of missed anything as if we have passed that part then we are told by email you have got to the shortlisting and then the next email was we have a lot of applicants etc we will let u know in a few weeks that was on the 4th november its now the 21st lets just have fingers crossed as I really want and need the job.

Louby

I meant if we haven't heard anything then presume we didn't get any further, but its not the norm, either they are keeping us on file or just haven't sent the email out

YorkshireBear

Established Member
There is also the case that they keep a pool to interview in case their first choices are crap.

challyabnger

I have again rang them today and they said they had their first interviews this week and are still sifting for more. I think its depending on the outcome of the first lot they may not need anymore

Status
Not open for further replies.