• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Northern Rail, Train Conductor interview help

Status
Not open for further replies.

norky84

Hi, I have passed the initial sift for a Train Conductor's vacancy at Manchester Picaddilly, and have been told they will be in touch when the next stage of the recruitment process is. I am guessing this means that I am likely to have to attend an interview. Can anyone tell me what questions to expect, and if there is any preparation work I can do before the interview?

Thanks.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Ferret

Established Member
I bet they ask you about Northern Rail, where they operate to etc etc. Seems to be a standard interview question these days....

HSTfan!!!

Established Member
well you'll have a couple of the standard railway recruitment tests I would expect - ticket selling, the group bourdon test etc. As far as your interview goes, being very safety/customer orientated helps - that's where I went wrong on my conductors interview - customer service.

Hey Matey,

when you go for your interview can you let me no what it's all about and stuff as im wanting to go for a interview with Northern and Maybe TPE.

Cheers.

Geeves

Established Member
If its the same as Victoria, they put out the job application out about 2 months ago, how ever they have now stated they no longer require any more Guards. They have quite few coming out of training just now.

Why they bothered to put the vacancy up when they knew the Oldham line was closing, who knows! Currently a glut of guards with 4 hour breaks and full days of AFC turns. Also other guards applying for drivers jobs are in limbo. So anyone applying for guards jobs with Northern, I wouldn't hold your breath!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.