• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Northern Rail Trainee Drivers - Liverpool

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBjackal

No not heard yet. I didn't submit my application until 2 hours before the deadline so they may be working through them by order they were submitted.
--- old post above --- --- new post below ---
Anyone else heard back yet? Closing date was almost 4 weeks ago now. How long does the paper sift normally take?

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

johnsonr380

No not heard yet. I didn't submit my application until 2 hours before the deadline so they may be working through them by order they were submitted.
Anyone else heard back yet? Closing date was almost 4 weeks ago now. How long does the paper sift normally take?

Hi mate, all depends on how long it takes them. Think mine was 6/7 weeks. Remember no news is good news and good luck

bruebunny

There's a section of the northern site that says it takes 3/4 weeks for a reply. So hopefully it should be back soon :)

mulder

I got the 'no' email today from Northern which said, 'due to the volume of high calibre candidates'. Ive also passed all of my assesments just last year with FTPE so bit puzzling.

hidden

I got the 'no' email today from Northern which said, 'due to the volume of high calibre candidates'. Ive also passed all of my assesments just last year with FTPE so bit puzzling.

Same here

WCMLaddict

The fact that you passed assessments makes no difference at the application stage. Simply there were people who better demonstrated the qualities Northern asked for at this stage.

It seems that a lot of people expect to be fast tracked because they've done assessments. I'll even risk saying that a lot don't put the same effort into the application form as before.

Economist

Since passing the assessments myself, I haven't necessarily put less effort into applications, I've approached them in a different way. Prior to sitting the MMI I did a massive amount of research on here and that really has shaped the way that I think in terms of how I answer questions.

For example I tend to think in terms of (not in any particular order):
Conscientiousness
Attention to Detail
Solving Difficult/Emergency Situations
Learning
Communication/Customer Service

So I don't tend to fill my application with buzzwords because I tend to be very specific, I don't know if that is good or not, results have been mixed.

387star

On Moderation
I have been lucky enough to pass sifts with seven companies so must be doing something right in two pools but still no driving job :( two of those were depot driving jobs one I declined going any further with as it was the other end of the country and I had just learned I had past everything (apparently) for mainline driving and one demanded a higher score on one of my teste the only toc to require it and that was depot as well

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.