• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Northern Ranger changes

Status
Not open for further replies.

Solent&Wessex

Established Member
Don't know whether this is noted anywhere else, but from January the following Day Rangers will be withdrawn :
East Lancashire Ranger
East Lancashire Family Ranger
East Midlands Round Robin
Settle - Carlisle Line Ranger

The Hadrian's Wall Country Line Ranger will no longer be valid south of Whitehaven, and restrictions will apply before 0845 Monday to Friday.
The North East Round Robin will now also be valid via Harrogate.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

bnm

Established Member
Yet all are listed in NFM 14 (from 02 Jan 2013) in 'The Manual'. :?

cuccir

Established Member
The Hadrian's Wall Country Line Ranger will no longer be valid south of Whitehaven,

Oh well :( I'm surprised that's not happened sooner, I've certainly been using for a while to cut the price of travelling from the North-East to Barrow-in-Furness. A HWCLR is £20.50, a single from Newcastle to Ravenglass is £26.90!

bb21

Emeritus Moderator
Don't know whether this is noted anywhere else, but from January the following Day Rangers will be withdrawn :
East Lancashire Ranger
East Lancashire Family Ranger
East Midlands Round Robin
Settle - Carlisle Line Ranger

Great! Just as I am planning to use one in February. <(

Deerfold

Veteran Member
Any idea when they're thinking of telling passengers about this? It's quite possible people may have booked holidays intending to use one.

Northern are one of the better TOCs on providing information about rangers. Seems a shame they're providing very little notice about their withdrawal.

Goatboy

Established Member
Shame to see this sort of ticket being withdrawn. What are the reasons given?

Status
Not open for further replies.