• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Northern Uniform - help with sizes

Status
Not open for further replies.

Louby

Can anyone tell me what the sizes are like with Northern?? Are they small sizes etc ( sorry guys I know there are more of you than us girls !)

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

MrsSundayMorn

I concur..

There is a size guide attached isn't there? Refer that that I guess which has been provided by Northern and you won't be far off I suppose.

Put your normal sizes down. I'm sat in the school with 11 others. Some fitted perfectly others miles out. Even lads who are similar sized.

Like all corporate uniform the sizes depend on the 12 year old stitching it understanding the numbers properly. ;)

Silv1983

Go smaller than larger if you're unsure. The overcoat is huge and the young lady in my class had to wait a while to swap it down 2 sizes!

The harrington jacket doesn't fit me. I ordered a large like I am in most clothes - the length and sleeves were spot on, but the body was like a flapping bin bag. I was relieved when the zip broke and the pocket linings tore through - as I reordered a new one in medium. Still too big around the middle! and the sleeves stop half way down my forearm.
I have since invested in some V neck jumpers from primark to wear instead.

There is some give in the trousers due to an elasticated bit: probably a wise design initiative to stop them ripping as peoples' bellies grow :)

Louby

Go smaller than larger if you're unsure. The overcoat is huge and the young lady in my class had to wait a while to swap it down 2 sizes!

The harrington jacket doesn't fit me. I ordered a large like I am in most clothes - the length and sleeves were spot on, but the body was like a flapping bin bag. I was relieved when the zip broke and the pocket linings tore through - as I reordered a new one in medium. Still too big around the middle! and the sleeves stop half way down my forearm.
I have since invested in some V neck jumpers from primark to wear instead.

There is some give in the trousers due to an elasticated bit: probably a wise design initiative to stop them ripping as peoples' bellies grow :)

cheers everyone :D

Status
Not open for further replies.