• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Northern Unit Refurbishments

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Wonder if the 156's will also get the moquette fitted. I was on 156485 the other day and there are already loads of stains on the seats. Of course there is only the 5 156's with those seats.

61653 HTAFC

Veteran Member
Wonder if the 156's will also get the moquette fitted. I was on 156485 the other day and there are already loads of stains on the seats. Of course there is only the 5 156's with those seats.
As far as I know (from a reliable source, but subject to change) the plan is that all flat cloth seat covers on units that have a future with Northern will be replaced with moquette eventually.

skyhigh

Established Member
Yes they will do, but they are back of the queue behind the 158s.

As far as I know (from a reliable source, but subject to change) the plan is that all flat cloth seat covers on units that have a future with Northern will be replaced with moquette eventually.
Thanks for the information. That is good news!

Yes they will do, but they are back of the queue behind the 158s.
Thanks. I thought they might be last to be done but it is good to know it will happen eventually.

warwickshire

On Moderation
515N 1041 Bristol Barton Hill Depot to Neville Hill Depot today through barnt green 56 late was 158791 returning back to its home territory after further refurbishment at Bristol.

diligentdave

515N 1041 Bristol Barton Hill Depot to Neville Hill Depot today through barnt green 56 late was 158791 returning back to its home territory after further refurbishment at Bristol.
There is no refurbishment work being done at Bristol on Northern units. It's just a C6 overhaul.

Andyh82

Established Member
Is there any particular pattern of which units received the blue lcd passenger information screens and which received the scrolling led screens, and which is seen to be the better of the two?

Theoretically the colour LCD screens should be seen as more modern, but due to the ridiculous badly cut sentences they they display and the fact there doesn’t actually seem to be any more information than the LEDs, then the LED screens actually seem to work better

skyhigh

Established Member
Is there any particular pattern of which units received the blue lcd passenger information screens and which received the scrolling led screens, and which is seen to be the better of the two?
Off the top of my head I believe Porterbrook units got the LCD screens and Angel units got the LED.

simon7929

The porterbrook 156s are different to the Angel 156s. The display I think is the same. But the they are more square in appearance.

warwickshire

On Moderation
Good afternoon from water Orton 507y 1049 Bristol Barton Hill to Neville Hill Depot today was 158790 returning back to Neville Hill after further works in Bristol.
Also how many more moves ie units still further more to go to Bristol for further attention please. Thank you

diligentdave

Good afternoon from water Orton 507y 1049 Bristol Barton Hill to Neville Hill Depot today was 158790 returning back to Neville Hill after further works in Bristol.
Also how many more moves ie units still further more to go to Bristol for further attention please. Thank you
The next unit is 158784 (should of gone today) and then there's only 5 more to go down/back.