• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Northern Visual Comparison Test

Status
Not open for further replies.

ST

Hello all,

I have received the email inviting me to complete the Visual Comparison test. Good luck to everyone else who has applied.
--- old post above --- --- new post below ---
Hello all,

Did my test this morning got 62 out of the possible 150, with no mistakes (or so I think!) any advice on whether any of you have got through screening at this stage with such a score?

If I would offer any advice, make sure you have peace and quiet whilst completing the test, a my kids were just coming out of their slumber as I started. Also, just get your head down and go for it, I hate tests, but once I got into my stride with this, I felt ok.:D

Good luck everyone.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Daniel84

I think I managed about the same amount and got through, others have gone through with less. So all being correct it should be enough.

ST

Thanks guys, much appreciated. Makes me want it even more!

Lanc688

Hello all,

I have received the email inviting me to complete the Visual Comparison test. Good luck to everyone else who has applied.
--- old post above --- --- new post below ---
Hello all,

Did my test this morning got 62 out of the possible 150, with no mistakes (or so I think!) any advice on whether any of you have got through screening at this stage with such a score?

If I would offer any advice, make sure you have peace and quiet whilst completing the test, a my kids were just coming out of their slumber as I started. Also, just get your head down and go for it, I hate tests, but once I got into my stride with this, I felt ok.:D

Good luck everyone.

I did this last year and got 57 with 2 deffo wrong....I passed !

GL

Lanc

shan5742

yeah I somehow started the test in error at work and completed it with at least 2 wrong. Pretty much wrote off my chances and passed :)

stecon

Hey guys,
Just got a message to take online visual test. What can I expect ? For a trainee driver in skipton.

ST

Hi Stecon,

You get 5 minutes to answer as many multiple choice questions as you can.

All answers have two rows of numbers and/or letters, one of the rows differs to the one adjacent too it, this is the one to select as being the answer. See below:

A) 123456ABC 123456ABC

B) 234567ABC 234567BAC

C) 345678ABC 345678ABC

D) 456789ABC 456789ABC

The correct answer is B)

It doesn't matter which Depot you have applied for, you also get a practice go beforehand.

Good luck and I hope this helps.

klcw_01

Can anyone tell me if the online visual comparison test forms part of the assessment? I passed all assessments and interviews last March, so wouldn't want to take this test and possibly have a fail on my record!!

Thanks

Sunday_mornin

Can anyone tell me if the online visual comparison test forms part of the assessment? I passed all assessments and interviews last March, so wouldn't want to take this test and possibly have a fail on my record!!

Thanks

No, this isn't a part of the official OPC tests, its merely a pre-sifting tool to get applicant numbers down.
Also if you have passed this test before, that result stands for 12 months and you wouldn't have to take it again within that time.

stecon

Share trades thanks for the help. I have fluffed it! Started the test got to number four and my mouse started to play up, got it going again with two mins left and got 23 answered. Sent the tech team a message straight away, just waiting for a reply. GUTTED!

ST

Share trades thanks for the help. I have fluffed it! Started the test got to number four and my mouse started to play up, got it going again with two mins left and got 23 answered. Sent the tech team a message straight away, just waiting for a reply. GUTTED!

Stecon, no problem, gutted for you! Lets hope they are able to look at the delay in the mouse clicks and let you re-sit. I am not sure whether they may put it back on your toes to suggest it is your responsibility to make sure the IT is in good working order. Hope it works out for you.

Skellysheroes

That's great news pal but proves the test to be flawed. If you get off to a bad start just disconnect your broadband and hey presto you get another shot.

stecon

Just finished I answered fifty and I did go back and double check two of them. How long do we have to wait for the results???

Last edited:

ST

Well done mate, the closing date for the tests were originally yesterday, so I think it is a matter of sitting tight to see whether we have scored enough to go onto the next stage, then there's the sift of the applications!

Could anyone shed any more light on timescales?

Thanks in advance.

Bun

Hmm getting a bit worried got to sit visual test by tomorrow and keep getting the following:

"The assessment you are trying to complete is temporarily unavailable.You can Re-try later. If the problem continues you can Log out, or use the links above to Contact support."

Will persevere rest of today and hope to get through soon :(

LCC106

Established Member
I'd recommend you contact Northern to make them aware asap! Have you tried from a friend's computer just incase...?

Bun

Well thankfully after trying all day Sunday to access the test I finally got in this morning phewwwwww.:D Why they just didn't say there was downtime their end and not my PC which i was thinking at 1 stage I've no idea, could have saved a lot of stress for candidates like myself.
Managed to complete 53 and fairly confident they all correct but didn't see where to review answers before i clicked off. Anyway here's hoping...btw I'm going for Carlisle
cheers LCC106 we must have posted at same time :)

stecon

Well the end date for my test was the 4th, I have not had a response yet from northern rail. I keep checking online daily, but nothing! How will I find out If I passed? By email or post??? Any takers??????

Bun

Nowt here either stecon I was the 4th as well so you must be in for Carlisle?

bigbad82

I had already passed the test last year, I applied for Carlisle and haven't heard anything.

Bun

Just had email 2 pm today passed and onto shortlisting for Carlisle... anyone else? Stecon u hear for Skipton?
Btw answered 53 questions and that was good enough. Don't think I made any mistakes

stecon

Its a pass from me too. Should hear something within the next four weeks. SWEET!

oi oi

Just had email 2 pm today passed and onto shortlisting for Carlisle... anyone else? Stecon u hear for Skipton?
Btw answered 53 questions and that was good enough. Don't think I made any mistakes

congrats bud. my status is still the same

Status
Not open for further replies.