• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

'Northern worker' ignorant to specially adapted pushchair for disabled child

Status
Not open for further replies.

whhistle

On Moderation
All it is is an apology that the customers experience was not a great one . That in itself is no admission or wrongdoing and just makes sense from a PR perspective .
An apology isn’t an acknowledgment of guilt.
For example “sorry you feel that way” is apologising for how you feel rather than what you’ve done. All about careful wording to avoid taking blame
Indeed!
However in the same breath, if you apologise for "the experience" that's still accepting liability to some degree as the company trusts the person is telling the truth (IE, they had a bad experience). Fine after investigating but straight away?? Perhaps they did some digging work already I suppose.
It's where I fail to understand people who are desperate for an apology sometimes. The company saying it doesn't mean it and it won't change the situation, yet some get so worked up about it, I find it truly astounding.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Narom

Maybe they don't want an apology but assurances it won't happen again to them or any other disabled person or carer?

Status
Not open for further replies.