• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Northerneers Survey Group

jonesy3001

Established Member
If it's the survey with the pictures, I gave up half way through, was answering the questions for me and saying I was to slow in answering.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Howardh

Established Member
Had so many I've lost track, if I had this one in my mailbox I think I ignored it. The input from passengers is important, but it's getting ridiculous!

Other than getting a lot of responses in a short time, maybe they should get on trains and questionnaire pax there and then, when everything from a poor shelter to lack of bins on the train is fresh on their mind?

Lytham Local

Started on this, but when it asks for age and salary without an opt out, then it gets binned (or gets answered in the most unrealistic way)

Who funds this, is it Northern themselves or is it just some chatbot that's lonely?

MadMarsupial

I have received this response from Northern. Source is an email to myself.

"Many thanks for feeding back on our most recent survey, which focuses on cleanliness of our trains. We value your thoughts and opinions and feedback is always welcomed.

For our most recent survey, we have piloted a new way of capturing insight using the Harvard Implicit Response methods, which aim to pick up on your thoughts and feelings based on your gut reaction, which is why each response was timed with prompts.

We recognise that this isn’t for everyone and we’ve already amended the survey to make it clearer about the timed element.

We have also developed the same survey, removing timed element, so if you wish, you can have another go, without the time being an issue.

https://www.onlineresearch.io/player/batch/36a23040-ca74-11ee-86da-cb7c3862b87d?taskId={{taskId}}

In the near future, we will be sharing ideas from our research to date in our more traditional format to seek your thoughts and opinions to help us to improve train cleanliness with the Northerneers and our accessibility user group and hope you find this and future surveys of interest.

Kind regards

Chris Paddon – Customer Experience Manage"

WesternLancer

Established Member
I have received this response from Northern. Source is an email to myself.

"Many thanks for feeding back on our most recent survey, which focuses on cleanliness of our trains. We value your thoughts and opinions and feedback is always welcomed.

For our most recent survey, we have piloted a new way of capturing insight using the Harvard Implicit Response methods, which aim to pick up on your thoughts and feelings based on your gut reaction, which is why each response was timed with prompts.

We recognise that this isn’t for everyone and we’ve already amended the survey to make it clearer about the timed element.

We have also developed the same survey, removing timed element, so if you wish, you can have another go, without the time being an issue.

https://www.onlineresearch.io/player/batch/36a23040-ca74-11ee-86da-cb7c3862b87d?taskId={{taskId}}

In the near future, we will be sharing ideas from our research to date in our more traditional format to seek your thoughts and opinions to help us to improve train cleanliness with the Northerneers and our accessibility user group and hope you find this and future surveys of interest.

Kind regards

Chris Paddon – Customer Experience Manage"
This is a fairly helpful explanation in many ways - and confirms what I thought about the method they were using (or trying to use!) - thanks for posting

ainsworth74

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Global Moderator
This is a fairly helpful explanation in many ways - and confirms what I thought about the method they were using (or trying to use!) - thanks for posting
Yes it is quite a good reply to be and I don't think that there's anything wrong in adding a bit of a time constraint to get peoples gut reactions. This just felt like an extremely clumsy and user unfriendly way of doing it!

WesternLancer

Established Member
Yes it is quite a good reply to be and I don't think that there's anything wrong in adding a bit of a time constraint to get peoples gut reactions. This just felt like an extremely clumsy and user unfriendly way of doing it!
Yes I agree ref the way of doing it, I suspect the problem they foresaw is if you ask people about litter on trains majority / most ppl will say 'it's not a good thing' and no on will admit that they actually do it - so their method is perhaps some way to get round that problem.

Having done it all the way thru I got the impression the research is to try and find out if they had more announcements about clearing up your letter people might do it - and if people are bothered about it anyway (if they are not when it's ok to just allow it to build up all day maybe...)