• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Notebook found which needs reuniting with its owner

Status
Not open for further replies.

The 39 Steps

Please feel free to move if it is in the wrong section.

Please help. The notebook was found in the cab where the defect book on the second person's side of a Pendolino goes. The train had arrived at Preston several (five or more?) years ago from Scotland heading south. The finder mislaid it during a house move and has asked me to help him. The notebook is A6 size with a purple cover. In the front of the book it lists loco/unit numbers under locations seen, a different listing method is used towards the rear of the book. It could belong to a driver road learning/refreshing from any number of TOC's eg Transpennine, DRS, DBS, Virgin Trains West Coast, Freightliner. It may belong to some other person/grade who had legitimate access to the cab from another company altogether. On the rear page there is a signature "Graham (Dolan?). Can anyone point me in the direction of the rightful owner so I can forward it to them. If said person can give some detail or other about the book or its contents it will be with them as soon as possible. Please feel free to post on other railway related websites of it helps. Thank you.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

SPADTrap

Established Member
This makes no sense, the train was 5 years late? :lol: Something was found and then lost by the finder?

The 39 Steps

This makes no sense, the train was 5 years late? :lol: Something was found and then lost by the finder?
The notebook was found five or more years ago. The finder has recently found it again after losing it in a house move and wishes to return it to its rightful owner which could or could not be "Graham (Dolan?)".

the sniper

Established Member
Facebook is your best bet for something like this. If they're not on it, ask someone in the messroom to put it on there.

Bromley boy

Established Member
The notebook was found five or more years ago. The finder has recently found it again after losing it in a house move and wishes to return it to its rightful owner which could or could not be "Graham (Dolan?)".

What a strange thread.

Is it likely that person will still want it after more than five years?

Bayum

Established Member

It makes perfect sense. The train had arrived at Preston five or more years ago. What’s to not understand?

Bromley boy

Established Member
Sounds like a spotter’s note book.

A spotters notebook in the cab? Good God man, wash your mouth out immediately!

Nobody with serious business in the cab of a train ever writes numbers down, as my colleagues frequently reassure me.

That reminds me why I definitely didn’t take a photo of unit ***/001, the original and the best, when I drove it the other day... ;)

(Jokes aside, still seems a weird thread).

Busaholic

Veteran Member
I've got a Fodor Guide to Switzerland 1966 edition 'borrowed' from Beckenham Library in 1968? Do you think I should return it? I never got to Switzerland, by the way, but, if I ever do, I feel I ought to take it along in a sort-of Michael Portillo way!

Status
Not open for further replies.