• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Nottingham 'Bus War'

Status
Not open for further replies.
How much extra time would going via Clifton be vs in and out the P&R? Presumably the P&R is mainly a side effect of needing to get back to the A453 after going via Clifton and as it's going through the P&R to do that you might as well serve it.).

It had previously been withdrawn from the Park & Ride due to lack of usage. Why not reinstate it and advertise tram connections from Clifton is what I meant. Understandable that if you run through Clifton you would route via P & R but to withdrawn the stop then reinstate the stop within about a year seems strange to me.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Have noted the new timings on the Rainbow 1 allow peak buses up to 15 minutes extra getting out of Nottingham in the evening peak. At least one bus has sat at the Temple Drive timing point for 9 minutes this evening. They've allowed too long to get to Kimberley but not allowed for Giltbrook congestion so sat en route to Kimberley at timing points but still late into Eastwood!!

Just had a thought - wonder if anything changing on the 20? Logic would say revert it to the 21 route otherwise Trent are running Stapleford-Rylands-Nottingham section on Sundays only.....

ag51ruk

The Red Arrow is going 24 hours a day, 6 days a week from 2nd September (no service early hours of Monday morning)

Established Member
The Red Arrow is going 24 hours a day, 6 days a week from 2nd September (no service early hours of Monday morning)
Interesting move but I don't see alot of people using this after midnight Monday to Thursday night's. Also the Black cat, Spondon flyer, i4 and villagers have timetable changes on the same date. No more Hospital terminator during the morning peak on the V1 which is good for me.

howittpie

"
CT4N have announced they’ll be the new operator of the 18 from the 1st October.
"

CT4N have said they are going to run at the present frequencies to one of the local councillors so half hourly City to Beeston being extended to Stapleford every hour. Services though will finish mid evening so the late evening journeys will not operate.

I have seen a copy of the timetable that has been printed off from a member of the Rylands group last journey inbound is 19.05 from Stapleford and from the City is 19.50 Mondays to Friday and 19.46 Saturdays to Beeston. Think one inbound early journey does not operate but otherwise pretty similar to the present timetable until those times.

Last edited:
A flurry of CT4N registrations today. The 18 one:
PB2003801/31 Registered
CT4N LTD

Route: BEASTMARKET HILL to STAPLEFORD RAMSEY CLOSE via BEETSON RYLANDS, BEESTON

Service number: 18

Service type: Normal Stopping

Effective date: 01 Oct 2018

And a couple of quite odd ones

PB2003801/27 Registered
CT4N LTD

Route: SOUTHWELL WESTGATE, LOWES WONG to NETHERFIELD VICTORIA RETAIL PARK via LOWDHAM, BURTON JOYCE

Service number: S9

PB2003801/26 Registered
CT4N LTD

Route: CALVERTON ST. WILFRIDS CHURCH, MAIN STREET to NETHERFIELD VICTORIA RETAIL PARK via WOODBOROUGH, LAMBLEY, GEDLING

Service number: S8

The S8 & S9 (Fridays only if I remember correctly) were part of Premieres Shoplink network. They weren't taken on by Silverdale when Premiere ceased trading and I presumed they hadn't run since.....

route101

Established Member
It's rather sad that for the first time since perhaps the 1930s, Derby will no longer have a regular daily link with Manchester.

I believe there's one Nat Ex. journey per day but at a most inconvenient time.

Interesting , was going to do a a trip Manchester to Derby as well .

route101

Established Member
The best you can do now is 192 Manc to Stockport (or Hazel Grove) Skyline 199 to Buxton, then Transpeak to Derby!

Lucky i read it on here it had stopped . Might start from Buxton then bus to Derby

A flurry of CT4N registrations today. The 18 one:
PB2003801/31 Registered
CT4N LTD

Route: BEASTMARKET HILL to STAPLEFORD RAMSEY CLOSE via BEETSON RYLANDS, BEESTON

Service number: 18

And a couple of quite odd ones

PB2003801/27 Registered
CT4N LTD

Route: SOUTHWELL WESTGATE, LOWES WONG to NETHERFIELD VICTORIA RETAIL PARK via LOWDHAM, BURTON JOYCE

Service number: S9

PB2003801/26 Registered
CT4N LTD

Route: CALVERTON ST. WILFRIDS CHURCH, MAIN STREET to NETHERFIELD VICTORIA RETAIL PARK via WOODBOROUGH, LAMBLEY, GEDLING

Service number: S8

Nottinghamshire September bus update http://www.nottinghamshire.gov.uk/media/1528940/september18update.pdf includes ct4n routes S6, S34 & S43. The Silverdale S34 was withdrawn earlier in the year in the City Councils service cutbacks. The S6 is the old Premiere service from Lowdham to Arnold. The S43 is new - possibly to provide a bus for Vaughan Estate perhaps?

ashworth

Established Member
Nottinghamshire September bus update http://www.nottinghamshire.gov.uk/media/1528940/september18update.pdf includes ct4n routes S6, S34 & S43. The Silverdale S34 was withdrawn earlier in the year in the City Councils service cutbacks. The S6 is the old Premiere service from Lowdham to Arnold. The S43 is new - possibly to provide a bus for Vaughan Estate perhaps?

I can’t really see the purpose of the S43 as it is only to run on Tuesday and Thursdays. I know some elderly people living on parts of the Vaughan Estate and Church Lane/Linby Road have been finding it quite difficult without a bus into Hucknall. However, if that’s the purpose of it, why isn’t it running on Fridays when it is market in Hucknall?

Incidentally, I remember when the first bus service was introduced to the Vaughan Estate. It was round about 1970 as I remember using it occasionally to go to and from school if the weather was too wet to walk into Hucknall. It was an hourly service operated by Midland General running from approx 7am until 10pm but didn’t run before midday on Sundays. It was extension of the C9 route from Hucknall to Alfreton, which used to do a number of local routes in and around Hucknall. Midland General never called it the Vaughan Estate as it always said C9 Papplewick Lane Estate on the front of the bus.

Ginga

Nottingham coaches /Premiere travel have got the 865 route back from Littles from 3rd September. Anyone heard anything about Trent Barton going on strike in September.

Established Member
Nottingham coaches /Premiere travel have got the 865 route back from Littles from 3rd September. Anyone heard anything about Trent Barton going on strike in September.
No that's new to me. Where did you hear this from?

Anyone heard anything about Trent Barton going on strike in September.

A customer on Trentbarton Facebook asked if it was true strike action was planned for August - the page confirmed it wasn't but that there WAS a POSSIBILITY of Industrial Action at the company in September.

Newark & Mansfield changes from the 2nd September.
28 Mansfield-Newark reduced to 7 journeys a day with nothing from Newark between 1220pm & 450pm!!
28B Mansfield-Eakring extended to Kirklington & Southwell but reduced to 8 journeys a day with a 3 hour gap!

Comstock

A customer on Trentbarton Facebook asked if it was true strike action was planned for August - the page confirmed it wasn't but that there WAS a POSSIBILITY of Industrial Action at the company in September.

Does anyone know what the strikes are about, as a matter of interest?

Mugby

Established Member
Does anyone know what the strikes are about, as a matter of interest?

Not exactly but I know from a couple of drivers who work for them that staff morale has been at rock bottom for some time.

It could be wages or conditions or a combination of both but I'd say that industrial action is more likely than an all out strike.
Perhaps an overtime ban or refusal of rest day working.

Heard a conversation between Langley Mill & Sutton staff the other day that implied they were very short of drivers. Keep seeing this 'Amazebus' thing going round Nuthall Island!

Robertj21a

On Moderation
Heard a conversation between Langley Mill & Sutton staff the other day that implied they were very short of drivers. Keep seeing this 'Amazebus' thing going round Nuthall Island!

I think many operators are quite short of drivers. Unemployment is at relatively low levels so there are a number of alternative careers.

Andyh82

Established Member
Not exactly but I know from a couple of drivers who work for them that staff morale has been at rock bottom for some time.

It could be wages or conditions or a combination of both but I'd say that industrial action is more likely than an all out strike.
Perhaps an overtime ban or refusal of rest day working.

If they aren’t happy with their pay, they should do what most of do

A) moan a bit
B) apply for a job with a competitor, in this case NCT or Arriva Derby
C) assuming they pay more, if they don’t, refer back to A

Unlike the railways, striking on the buses can have a long term commercial effect, and spiral into reduced revenue, cuts in services and hence job losses, so they need to be careful.

chessie

Not sure if its been mentioned elsewhere but had an email through last week to state Contactless payments are now available on Trent Barton Pronto services aswell as Stagecoach, good move as the Stagecoach buses are heavily promoting this. Contactless payments not available on any other Trent Barton service at the mo though.

Sprinter153

Not sure if its been mentioned elsewhere but had an email through last week to state Contactless payments are now available on Trent Barton Pronto services aswell as Stagecoach, good move as the Stagecoach buses are heavily promoting this. Contactless payments not available on any other Trent Barton service at the mo though.

Looking at the FAQ on the Trent Barton website it looks like they’re switching to the Ticketer machines that other Wellglade operations use.

If they’re rolling this out they will probably need to replace the current Mango cards with an ITSO-compatible alternative, as Yourbus had to with Genie when they switched from Almex.

ag51ruk

Looking at the FAQ on the Trent Barton website it looks like they’re switching to the Ticketer machines that other Wellglade operations use.

If they’re rolling this out they will probably need to replace the current Mango cards with an ITSO-compatible alternative, as Yourbus had to with Genie when they switched from Almex.

That page is very specific to Pronto though (even talks about topping up Megariders). I dont know whether Ticketer have a "touch off" option and there seem to be a lot more Mango cards that would need replacing than Genie.

Init, the company who supply the existing Trent (plus Kinch and NET Trams) machines, do have a contactless option which they supplied to National Express WM.

Status
Not open for further replies.