Nottingham 'Bus War'

Discussion in 'Buses & Coaches' started by trentside, 21 Sep 2010.

1. ag51ruk

ag51ruk Member

At least in that situation you can just ask the driver for your money back when you get off - they'll happily credit it straight back on to a Mango card. There aren't that many bus companies that will do that (and I have done it a few times over the years when I thought it was deserved and for something in their control)

2. Mitch in Notts

Mitch in Notts Member

Notts & Derby are reducing journeys on services 11 & 73 from the end of November. Service 73 on Schooldays has no journeys out of Derby between 1345 & 1705 - currently it is hourly til 1800. The 11 looses some early morning Saturday journeys in both directions and teatime journeys towards Derby. Service 12/A & V3 are also revised from the same date.

Last edited: 13 Oct 2017
  3. edwin_m

edwin_m Established Member

I think the confusing ticket interavailabilities may be the result of the Competition Commission report on the bus industry a few years ago. This forbade any deals for operators to agree ticket recognition between themselves unless all operators on the route/area get the opportunity to participate. I believe existing arrangements were allowed to continue but new ones couldn't be started, and that was the reason the previous tram operator accepted the Easyrider Anytime but not the Anyday (or whatever it was called at the time).

All in the best interests of the consumer ... not.

4. Statto

Statto Established Member

I don't mind criticisms when it's fair & warranted, like the case with ticket acceptance on the joint routes when using the other operator tickets, it's gets annoying when it's criticism for the sake of it, or out & out vitriol with quite libelous posts like a member posted[ARF], who's long since been perma banned.

5. Mugby

Mugby Established Member

Surprised to see Trent reducing the frequency of Spondon Flyer at the end of Oct. from every 10 minutes to every 15 throughout the day.

I've read elsewhere that Wellglade experienced a big drop in profits in the last financial year, perhaps a bit of pruning is going on!

6. Robertj21a

Robertj21a Established Member

I think the Spondons also lose the Versas and get just Solos.

7. ag51ruk

ag51ruk Member

As mentioned above, some cuts to Notts & Derby services coming soon as well.

The rationale for the Spondon Flyer is that the Ilkeston Flyer is much more frequent than it used to be, so TB are still running 8 buses an hour through Spondon, but that only helps if you are close to Dale Road.

8. Urobach

Urobach Member

Not that helpful, only stop in Spondon during the day is White Swan (unless that's changing). The Y3 however...

9. ag51ruk

ag51ruk Member

You're absolutely correct, I hadn't realised that - the Derbyshire CC timetable lists the stopping places and it is only the White Swan.

10. Sprinter153

Sprinter153 Member

I'm guessing these will be the '12' reg examples from the Allestree. They have a sandwich board in Derby bus station proclaiming that there are 'newer buses with USB ports coming soon!'. A whole 12 months newer!!

11. Mugby

Mugby Established Member

And quite a bit smaller!

12. tbone

tbone Member

They're off the Rushcliffe Villager route, so 63 plates.

13. MCR247

MCR247 Established Member

Don't even need to change the base colour then :lol:

14. tbone

tbone Member

The first one has been vinyl'd up. The new livery is in the same style as the Ilkeston Flyer, with the sky blue part being replaced with the current green.

15. Sprinter153

Sprinter153 Member

Ah, I forgot about those!
    Do we know where the Versas are likely to resurface?

16. nottinghamcity

nottinghamcity Member

This looks like it could take a bit of strain off Skylink Derby