• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Nottingham Express Transit - Reliability & Renewals (2023-2024)

Jozhua

Established Member
The app is better if you have a suitible phone especially as it does push notifications.
Yes app was quite good with service updates this morning.

I also asked them to include cancelled trams at one point and they introduced that a week or two later. :)

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

duffield

Established Member
Yes app was quite good with service updates this morning.

I also asked them to include cancelled trams at one point and they introduced that a week or two later. :)
So I guess they don't bother improving their wretched website. Maybe they should put a big banner at the top saying "Don't use this website, it's useless, use the app instead!".

Maybe I'm weird but when I'm *at home* planning a trip, I like to use a proper laptop screen rather than a poky mobile screen.

tram21

Looks like a tram broke down at Hyson Green today o_O
After a few weeks of excellent service reliability, everything has gown pear-shaped this week with 6 separate tram faults & an overhead line fault in the space of 6 days. A tram broke down on every day of the week! :lol:

Fair enough, the track does look a bit worn round there!
As does the High School southbound track, which now has a 5kph (so slow!) TSR in place. I was told this is in place until its retracking in September- hopefully they meant late August as I don't think coinciding it with the return of all three schools there would be popular (along with many others on the route that would be affected!)

Jozhua

Established Member
After a few weeks of excellent service reliability, everything has gown pear-shaped this week with 6 separate tram faults & an overhead line fault in the space of 6 days. A tram broke down on every day of the week! :lol:

As does the High School southbound track, which now has a 5kph (so slow!) TSR in place. I was told this is in place until its retracking in September- hopefully they meant late August as I don't think coinciding it with the return of all three schools there would be popular (along with many others on the route that would be affected!)
And now it looks as though another tram has broken down today!

Screenshot_20240430-105604.png
Image taken from Nottingham Post Article:
Nottingham tram breaks down in city centre causing heavy delays for commuters

Surprising how poor the reliability is on both the older and newer tram units. I have a feeling that they aren't getting enough TLC, or there are issues with the shared computer/signalling systems installed on both types of tram.

MCR247

Established Member
I was on the tram heading to Beeston on Saturday and there was an Incentro parked up in the ‘loop’ at Beeston Centre. I assume that had failed at some point too?

Jozhua

Established Member
I was on the tram heading to Beeston on Saturday and there was an Incentro parked up in the ‘loop’ at Beeston Centre. I assume that had failed at some point too?
Given the number of failures in the past week, likely the case yes!