• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Nottinghamshire & Derbyshire Bus News

Status
Not open for further replies.

MCR247

Established Member
A mango liveried Trent Barton Volvo seems to have been involved in an accident on the A52 today

There are delays on a busy route after a crash which has blocked a lane near a city roundabout. The collision has occurred on the A52 Brian Clough Way close to Bardills roundabout on Wednesday, May 22.

Pictures taken on traffic cameras show a bus may have been involved, with a police van at the scene and cones blocking off one lane to other drivers. Motorists are being warned that this is creating traffic in the area and that, if you plan to use the normally busy route, to allow extra time for your journey while emergency services work at the scene.

Nottingham Travelwise said in a statement: "RTC on A52 Brian Clough Way outbound close to Bardills Roundabout. Lane 1 of 2 is blocked at present with emergency services on scene.”

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

TR673

It was 716 pictured however it re-entered service at 18.15 this evening so it can't have been badly damaged.
In the image it looks like it's having a tyre changed with the van in front being from Lodge Tyre or some similar company. So the "accident" is possibly a blowout that needed police present due to its dangerous location

Deerfold

Veteran Member
I see the Centrebus 19 to Melton Mowbray is coming back from 3rd June. It will only run Monday to Friday. The timetable still rubbish ,no 6:30am bus from St Mary's Way.

The 7:45am only gets to Nottingham at 20 to 9 (if its on time) . Then you have a mad rush across town to get to the university for 9 .
I'm not sure why this would be aimed at people going to the university, but a news article confirms it's a commercial decision to restart it.

Axed Melton to Nottingham bus service to return after two years
By Dan Martin
BBC News, Leicester

A bus service between Melton Mowbray and Nottingham city centre is to be reinstated two years after operators said it was unviable and scrapped it.

Centrebus axed the number 19 service, which served communities between the Leicestershire town and the city, in 2022.

However, the firm has now announced it will restart buses along the route from Monday 3 June.

It said it hoped to make a commercial success of the restored service.

Centrebus said there would be four daily round trips, from Monday to Friday, stopping at Nottingham railway station.

The buses will serve Ab Kettleby, Nether Broughton, Upper Broughton, Hickling Pastures, Stanton on the Wolds, Normanton on the Wolds, Tollerton and Edwalton, the company said.

Centrebus managing director David Brookes said: "This is a great time for us to reinstate the 19 on a commercial basis, which we're sure will be a welcome addition for residents of Melton and surrounding areas.

"I'm very much hoping we can make a success of it and potentially develop the service if enough people use it."

Trainman40083

In the image it looks like it's having a tyre changed with the van in front being from Lodge Tyre or some similar company. So the "accident" is possibly a blowout that needed police present due to its dangerous location
Yes, you would certainly need some protection when changing a tyre there. One wrong move and someone might just drive into it

From what i have heard is that the customers love it and the drivers are a bit mixed due to the camera mirrors and the gearbox which im told is quite clunky
I thought I was imagining things today. Bustimes showed no Allestree greens. A walk at the right times saw no greens, just the blues. Later two blues seemed to be running close together. Woodlands School timetable must have been "interesting".

Simon75

On Moderation
I've noticed the first and last Trans Peak runs to/from Derby only. Does High Peak outstation a bus in Derby?

tram21

I've noticed the first and last Trans Peak runs to/from Derby only. Does High Peak outstation a bus in Derby?
I believe they do- I get the first transpeak on a Sunday from Derby and it normally starts tracking from the Trentbarton garage at Meadow Road, so I assume the bus is based there and the driver either lives in Derby or stays overnight.

Trainman40083

I believe they do- I get the first transpeak on a Sunday from Derby and it normally starts tracking from the Trentbarton garage at Meadow Road, so I assume the bus is based there and the driver either lives in Derby or stays overnight.
At one time, you would often see two TransPeak buses on, more likely during COVID when the 114 was worked from Derby. Of course, given High Peak is part owned by Wellglade, you might wonder if Notts and Derby provide a driver. Doesn't one of the breakfast time TPs work Buxton to Matlock then back to Buxton?

Davidsb3

They do indeed outstation a bus at medeow road
Yes, you would certainly need some protection when changing a tyre there. One wrong move and someone might just drive into it

I thought I was imagining things today. Bustimes showed no Allestree greens. A walk at the right times saw no greens, just the blues. Later two blues seemed to be running close together. Woodlands School timetable must have been "interesting".
Yea it was a blow out and wasnt an accident. The police were there to protect the scene.

265 is VOR at the moment and i am not sure of the reason but its sat at depot with VOR stickers so having 4 buses on the allestree last long...
side note 102 has gone to Cummins for a new engine

Trainman40083

They do indeed outstation a bus at medeow road

Yea it was a blow out and wasnt an accident. The police were there to protect the scene.

265 is VOR at the moment and i am not sure of the reason but its sat at depot with VOR stickers so having 4 buses on the allestree last long...
side note 102 has gone to Cummins for a new engine
I didn't see 267, but then it won't have been struck by lightning again. Now , didn't 267 and 268 need new engines recently. Seems to recall they were off for about four weeks. If so, maybe 265 needs one too. 267 is just being, 267. I saw 102 go. Needs a replacement emergency door too. ;).

Established Member
At one time, you would often see two TransPeak buses on, more likely during COVID when the 114 was worked from Derby. Of course, given High Peak is part owned by Wellglade, you might wonder if Notts and Derby provide a driver. Doesn't one of the breakfast time TPs work Buxton to Matlock then back to Buxton?
It is the other way round. The first/last Transpeak from Derby only go as far as Matlock and back to Derby on weekdays.

Llandudno

Established Member
It is the other way round. The first/last Transpeak from Derby only go as far as Matlock and back to Derby on weekdays.
Always seems odd that the last TransPeak departs Buxton as early as 6pm, you would think that with all BSIP money washing around some money couldn’t be found to fund a couple of evening journeys between Buxton and Bakewell to connect into TrentBarton’s evening subsidised 6.1 journeys to Matlock, Belper and Derby?

Trainman40083

Always seems odd that the last TransPeak departs Buxton as early as 6pm, you would think that with all BSIP money washing around some money couldn’t be found to fund a couple of evening journeys between Buxton and Bakewell to connect into TrentBarton’s evening subsidised 6.1 journeys to Matlock, Belper and Derby?
I guess with BSIP you have to justify requests for funds with a robust business case, to show people will use it, rather than just incur serious costs. I guess the lack of settlements in between doesn't help. .

Llandudno

Established Member
I guess with BSIP you have to justify requests for funds with a robust business case, to show people will use it, rather than just incur serious costs. I guess the lack of settlements in between doesn't help. .
Possibly, but the TransPeak does operate via Harpur Hill in Buxton these days which is quite well populated and there has been plenty of new house (and more to come) building in the area.

Possibly the new and excellent Thornbridge Brewery Tap room about a mile north of Bakewell town centre May generate some patronage!!

ACBest

There was mention above of there once being two Transpeak vehicles outstationed at Derby - can confirm that this is still the case: the first works the short Derby to Matlock and back as mentioned before going onto the full route, and the second starts its day on the first Derby to Buxton.

Davidsb3

I didn't see 267, but then it won't have been struck by lightning again. Now , didn't 267 and 268 need new engines recently. Seems to recall they were off for about four weeks. If so, maybe 265 needs one too. 267 is just being, 267. I saw 102 go. Needs a replacement emergency door too. ;).
268 has a new engine so has 269 after it blew that on A52 and now 102 makes that 2 4 Cylinder eninges and now 1 6 cylinder that have blown all in the space of 2 or so months.
As far as I know, 265 doesn't need a new engine as is been put in front of the dead lane - a giveaway if it needs to go away on a low loader as they will place it behind the now quite heavily stripped out 482. That's where 268, 269 and 102 were all dumped when they got towed in while waiting for a slot at Cummins.

Last edited by a moderator:

Trainman40083

268 has a new engine so has 269 after it blew that on A52 and now 102 makes that 2 4 Cylinder eninges and now 1 6 cylinder that have blown all in the space of 2 or so months.
As far as i know 265 dosent need a new enigne as is been put in front of the dead lane a giveaway if it needs to go away on a low loader they will place it behind the now quite heavily stippred out 482 thats where 268 269 and 102 were all dumped when they got towed in waiting for a slot at Cummins
Hopefully the same driver didn't blow them all. Wonder if 47/ 462/482 will get to Looms before it shuts down? As for Allestree buses. Best keep an eye on 266. Hasn't failed this week. My, I wish I had shares in CWT.

There was mention above of there once being two Transpeak vehicles outstationed at Derby - can confirm that this is still the case: the first works the short Derby to Matlock and back as mentioned before going onto the full route, and the second starts its day on the first Derby to Buxton.
So during COVID there would have been a reduced TP service, allowing the 114 to be worked from Derby. The 113/114 seem odd services. Over time one of both have been worked by operators some distance away from the route . Dunn Line Nottingham, TM Travel Halfway (but at times, parked at Belper), Yourbus Heanor, High Peak Dove Holes. Seems some dead mileage there at start/end of day.

Trainman40083

As far as I know, 265 doesn't need a new engine as is been put in front of the dead lane - a giveaway if it needs to go away on a low loader as they will place it behind the now quite heavily stripped out 482. That's where 268, 269 and 102 were all dumped when they got towed in while waiting for a slot at Cummins.
I saw 102 and 268 both towed away. Could miss CWT with their tow truck with those flashing lights. "Look at me!! " it screamed.

My word. Seven branded Red Arrow coaches out tracking today, plus loan demo coach 99..Signs of Trentbarton upping their game, or Volvo sorting out the problems?

Last edited:

Robertj21a

On Moderation
I saw 102 and 268 both towed away. Could miss CWT with their tow truck with those flashing lights. "Look at me!! " it screamed.

My word. Seven branded Red Arrow coaches out tracking today, plus loan demo coach 99..Signs of Trentbarton upping their game, or Volvo sorting out the problems?
Trentbarton upping their game? It's hardly too soon!
Amazing to think that they used to trade as 'the Really Good Bus Company'.

bringiton

Am I right in thinking that Trentbarton currently have nine busses on red arrow since Volvo B7RLE 717 has come onto the route? Demo coach 99 isn't tracking but as it has been doing this all week I would assume it is still out?

Trainman40083

Am I right in thinking that Trentbarton currently have nine busses on red arrow since Volvo B7RLE 717 has come onto the route? Demo coach 99 isn't tracking but as it has been doing this all week I would assume it is still out?
Trentbarton said earlier in the afternoon that 99 had to be taken out of service for cleaning.

Trentbarton upping their game? It's hardly too soon!
Amazing to think that they used to trade as 'the Really Good Bus Company'.
They still do trade as such. Clearly someone has a sense of humour.

Established Member

Certainly a step in the right direction. Hopefully this will help the other Derby routes with the mango buses freed up.

Didn't get a number but I passed one of the two B8RLE's heading out of Derby on London Road this morning.

Robertj21a

On Moderation
Certainly a step in the right direction. Hopefully this will help the other Derby routes with the mango buses freed up.

Didn't get a number but I passed one of the two B8RLE's heading out of Derby on London Road this morning.
Presumably some are still on loan to Kinchbus ?

Skymonster

Established Member
Possibly the new and excellent Thornbridge Brewery Tap room about a mile north of Bakewell town centre May generate some patronage!!
TransPeak from/to Derby has already had my custom several times for this very purpose - and in all probability will do again tomorrow (May 25th).

Davidsb3

This would be with the help of Volvo and with 73 nearly ready we might have a full fleet of coaches out on the Red arrow soon!
But then at the moment other branded buses are dropping like flies like the Mickelover for example with 102 for obvoius reasons and 106 not wanting to play ball this morning. 265 was sitting inside of Enginerring when i got to depot about and hour ago after a dramatic last run back on the comet.

Trainman40083

This would be with the help of Volvo and with 73 nearly ready we might have a full fleet of coaches out on the Red arrow soon!
But then at the moment other branded buses are dropping like flies like the Mickelover for example with 102 for obvoius reasons and 106 not wanting to play ball this morning. 265 was sitting inside of Enginerring when i got to depot about and hour ago after a dramatic last run back on the comet.
Dropping like flies, eh? On the Trent Barton live system, it gives the impression that the Mickleover service isn't doing too well today...

Had to laugh, when a friend told me that it appeared only two buses were on the Mickleover service today.. Maybe reliance on the Enviro 200MMC is the real problem.

Skymonster

Established Member
Had a ride in Hulleys Enviro 200 LJ09KPK on the 170 from Chesterfield to Bakewell this morning. Wow is that thing a clunker - it really really struggled on the hills out of Chesterfield and around Chatsworth, causing chaos as it was down to almost walking pace at times even when lightly loaded. And the driver had to restart it several times as it was making a high-pitched warning noise. I was beginning to wonder whether it would make it all the way. It wasn’t much better inside - some of the signage is still TFL. If that thing is the best Hulleys can do I’ll stick to TransPeak, TrentBarton or even TM Travel next time I feel like a visit to the Thornbridge Tap Room.

Trainman40083

Had a ride in Hulleys Enviro 200 LJ09KPK on the 170 from Chesterfield to Bakewell this morning. Wow is that thing a clunker - it really really struggled on the hills out of Chesterfield and around Chatsworth, causing chaos as it was down to almost walking pace at times even when lightly loaded. And the driver had to restart it several times as it was making a high-pitched warning noise. I was beginning to wonder whether it would make it all the way. It wasn’t much better inside - some of the signage is still TFL. If that thing is the best Hulleys can do I’ll stick to TransPeak, TrentBarton or even TM Travel next time I feel like a visit to the Thornbridge Tap Room.
The joy that is Enviro 200s.

Status
Not open for further replies.