• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Nxea rpa help!

Status
Not open for further replies.

id9999

Hello to all, this is my first post and I hope it’s in the right section. I have been invited to attend an assessment for the role of revenue protection assistant at national express east anglia. I have two week to prepare. The company did not send me any practice test material. I was told over the phone they do not send practice test material because they will explain the tests on the day. I have been told that the assessment is the same as the national (ATOC) assessment for guards. I really need someone to send me information on this assessment to prepare. Someone must have a practice booklet!
Any help to better myself to get this job would be a life changer for me, currently out of work and looking for 9 months! Help :roll:

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

LCC106

Established Member
Hi id9999. I have no experience or knowledge of the RPA role but hopefully someone will be along to help soon. In the meantime, search through the threads. There are a lot of posts about conductor vacancies that may help. Yes, this is the right section. GOOD LUCK to you and spiderman!

Bellwater

id9999, i've got the following if they're any use....

The Ticket Office Cashing up test
The Ticket Office Selling test
The Station and Ticket Verbal test

Just make 4 more posts and i can PM you to send them on, if you want them.

id9999

Thank you Bellwater that would be a great help, you’re a diamond!

hi im also attending the revenue protection job with nxea next week

Hi I was just wondering what if any railway experience you have. Do you have any infomation on the tests? cheers

spiderman

hi id 9999 and bellwater

i previously did the conductor assessment last year but failed on the role play i still till this day not sure what i failed on.regards the revenue protection assistant role suprised there is no assessment test papers to prepare yourself for. bellwater have you a position on the railway now.

Bellwater

hi id 9999 and bellwater

i previously did the conductor assessment last year but failed on the role play i still till this day not sure what i failed on.regards the revenue protection assistant role suprised there is no assessment test papers to prepare yourself for. bellwater have you a position on the railway now.

Guard for a few years now Spiderman, I think the papers are around 2-3 years old.

id9999

Hi I think this is my 3rd or 4th post as requested Bellwater. Spiderman can you explain the role play exercise, thanks to all for your help so far.

387star

On Moderation
RE cashing up test. I did this in my old job all you do is add the takings minus the float in which case dead easy?

Bellwater

RE cashing up test. I did this in my old job all you do is add the takings minus the float in which case dead easy?

It would be - Total Takings, any Credit Card sales, then your cash takings.

You then add your float and then count your cash as in(usually):

Notes £5 and up
£1 coins
50p coins
20p coins
10p coins
5p coins
Copper(1p/2p)

Then see if it 'Balances'.

spiderman

Hi I think this is my 3rd or 4th post as requested Bellwater. Spiderman can you explain the role play exercise, thanks to all for your help so far.

i think the role play back then when i did the conductor assessment was a lady who was disabled. you had to assist her. long time ago

id9999

Hi Thanks I hope you can send me the test papers you have, only got few days left, cheers Bellwater

spiderman

hi all just to inform you i have been informed you can not do any revision for revenue protection assistant. as it what is called ability tests what they are i do not know.

winchmore

Hi. I am also attending the assessment for RPA next week. From what I have been told the 'ability' tests are mainly maths and english - to make sure you are at a certain level (not sure what level they want) and then the role play.

jimmy90

I went a few weeks ago for the assessments. Pretty easy really. They test your abilities to calculate routes (where you should change ect) and your ability to process information and listen. There are mathmatical and ticket checking/selling tests and a role play, where you have to either deal with a confrontation with a customer or give advice/assistance. Don't get too worried, but you should know roughly 10-20% made it through up to the role play exercise on the day I attended.
Best of Luck

spiderman

hi just like to ask the question? how many attempts can you apply for the same job role with the same rail company doing the assessments if you fail them.i know if you do the train driver assessments you have two attempts at it.

winchmore

Had my assessment in the week and got through to role play. The role play was someone avoiding buying a ticket. Felt like it went well so fingers crossed I get an interview.

How has everyone else got on?

jimmy90

Had my assessment in the week and got through to role play. The role play was someone avoiding buying a ticket. Felt like it went well so fingers crossed I get an interview.

How has everyone else got on?

Got through assessments and had interview last Monday, fingers crossed. Should hear something within the next two weeks.
400 odd applicants, most bought for assessment, 78 people passed assessments, and 34 positions available.

winchmore

Got through assessments and had interview last Monday, fingers crossed. Should hear something within the next two weeks.
400 odd applicants, most bought for assessment, 78 people passed assessments, and 34 positions available.

Was told yesterday that I will receive letter within next 10 days for interview? - how long did it take for your letter to come through?
When did you get told that 78 had passed? That must have been before my assessment.

Last edited:

jimmy90

Was told yesterday that I will receive letter within next 10 days for interview? - how long did it take for your letter to come through?
When did you get told that 78 had passed? That must have been before my assessment.

I knew about 5 days after assessments, that I had got an interview. They called me, and sent a letter after. Got told about the 78 people who passed on Monday by the interviewers.

oobritoo

I was in the last 7 for role play and last to be seen who are you? was you in our group for lunch?

Bellwater

NXEA used to recruit for Guards fairly often(due to promotion or going elsewhere - our Norwich Depot is mainly ex Anglia Staff)so look around March/April time.

oobritoo

Was that question for me? No I didnt go to lunch, I stayed at the centre. How did you get on?

HI winchmore I think I did ok Claire took the Role Play it was intense. if successful to interview assuming that is ok their is also a medical to do so still a while before any of us know if we are offered a position.

winchmore

HI winchmore I think I did ok Claire took the Role Play it was intense. if successful to interview assuming that is ok their is also a medical to do so still a while before any of us know if we are offered a position.

Role play was easier than I thought it would be so fingers crossed we passed that stage. I will update on here if I hear anything.

Status
Not open for further replies.