• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

NYMR Photo location, how?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

blackfive460

Probably Green End.
Walk up the Rail Trail from Esk Valley cottages then after crossing the river you can cross the field to the left to the bridge. You'll be trespassing mind.

fireftrm

A location just after Esk valley heading towards pickering rounding a curve, not much help that i know.
Actually something of an understatement! I presume you meant:
Can you suggest a location on the NYMR for a south/northbound (needs to be specified) service (note that north for a steam loco maybe tender first though) with a curve, which will have the light on the right side, for the time of (needs to be specified) on date (needs to be specified), within (needs to be specified) distance of a road/path?
Your question was very unhelpful!
Likewise I would be more than happy to help, if I had a clue what you were actually asking....

Royal Male

near a dissused station on the Hull to Scarborough
Walk up the road out of beck hole to the north east about half a mile you will find the footpath heading down the hill at green end (on the map its near a phonebox, I think the box has gone now). Follow it to the railway line. No tresspassing involved on this route.

fireftrm

Or, walk out of Grosmont on the Rail Trail and take the signed footpath to the left just after the cottages. Another good shot is from the road overbridge as you leave Beck Hole heading north.

fireftrm

Royal Male - the footpath you described is the same one I did, just from the other end. As it is (was) a bridleway and I have no idea how it could be removed, it may have been diverted? Will walk it next week to find out!

fireftrm

The OP came back with a slightly better description n- but still confusing as a viaduct was mentioned, of which there are so very few (none?) on the NYMR.....l

sprinterguy

Established Member
The OP came back with a slightly better description n- but still confusing as a viaduct was mentioned, of which there are so very few (none?) on the NYMR.....l
Was it specifically said that the railway runs over the viaduct? If not, then I would still be confident that the OP is asking for details about Darnholme, as Darnholme Lane passes high above the railway on a viaduct of it's own at that location.

Status
Not open for further replies.