• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Off Peak Return Crewe to Inverness

Status
Not open for further replies.

AJW

I hope someone can put me straight on breaks of journey with an off peak return from Crewe to Inverness. On the return journey from Inverness, can I break the journey overnight in Glasgow?

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

John @ home

Established Member
The OP wants to break of the return leg of the journey.

Break of journey is allowed on either or both legs of a Crewe to Inverness journey using an Off-Peak Return ticket, but the rules are different for each leg.

The outward portion of this Off-Peak Return ticket is valid for travel on the date shown on the ticket and an unlimited number of breaks of this leg of the journey are allowed on that day. Where a passenger wishes to stop overnight or the journey cannot be completed within one day, break of journey for an overnight stay is allowed. Where a journey does continue into the next day, travel must resume before 1200 and the time restriction applies: "by any train except those timed to depart Mondays-Fridays before 0415". No further break of this leg of the journey is then allowed except for the purpose of changing trains.

The return portion of this Off-Peak Return ticket is valid for travel until 0230 on the day following the last day of validity (i.e. one calendar month from outward journey). During this period, an unlimited number of breaks of this leg of the journey are allowed. If a passenger is still travelling at 0230 on the day following the last day of validity, they may stay on the train to complete that part of the journey but no further break of journey is allowed and all travel must be completed by 1200. On resuming the journey after each break, the time restriction applies: "by any train except those timed to depart Mondays-Fridays before 0415".

Last edited:

yorkie

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Administrator
Also worth bearing this in mind:
Break of journey is allowed on
the outward portion of
Off-Peak tickets UNLESS
OTHERWISE INDICATED BY A
RESTRICTION SHOWN AGAINST THE
TICKET'S VALIDITY CODE, and in
all cases on the return
portion
of Off-Peak return
tickets.

AJW

Thanks for the quick response.

Just checking I understand this fully. So within the month's validity for the return leg of the journey I could stop off in Glasgow a week if I so wished.

button_boxer

Established Member
Yes, as long as your ticket is still in date at the point when you leave Glasgow.

Status
Not open for further replies.