• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

OHLE down at Wolverton (again?)

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Planner

Veteran Member
25 671 minutes (17.8 days) of delay in TRUST this morning for the de-wirement yesterday. Incident 538868 for those with it.

226 cancelations, 17 reactionary cancelations. 356 trains delayed, 683 reactionary trains delayed.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

gordonthemoron

Established Member
Considering the racket and sparking off Virgin Trains Pantographs through Berkhamsted yesterday morning, I can't say I'm surprised that one brought down the OHLE

asylumxl

Established Member
25 671 minutes (17.8 days) of delay in TRUST this morning for the de-wirement yesterday. Incident 538868 for those with it.

226 cancelations, 17 reactionary cancelations. 356 trains delayed, 683 reactionary trains delayed.

Is there any chance you can put these as percentages out of how many trains there were in total?

Sorry if I'm not being clear, I'm not feeling very articulate today.

The Planner

Veteran Member
In total where? UK or WCML or what ? Would be incredibly difficult if not impossible to interogate that from TRUST.

asylumxl

Established Member
In total where? UK or WCML or what ? Would be incredibly difficult if not impossible to interogate that from TRUST.

Trains that would be affected so yes the West Coast. I just figured since the number of trains delayed and cancelled was available the number of trains usually running would be available.

The Planner

Veteran Member
It could be done by lining up all the booked trains for somewhere like Milton Keynes, but unless someone has the time to sit and count them all it won't be me!

asylumxl

Established Member
Fair enough! :lol:

I just thought it'd be interesting to see the numbers put in perspective.

Assuming the delay minutes didn't include cancelled trains (which they may have), that's about 25 minutes delay on average per train.

Seems pretty run of the mill for Britain recently :).

The Planner

Veteran Member
The attached is doing the rounds rapidly via email.... Picture of the back cab of the Pendo with the pantograph flying off. Apologies if already on here somewhere and I have missed it.

Attachments

• Dewirement Castlethorpe.jpg
    Dewirement Castlethorpe.jpg
    79.4 KB · Views: 106

YorkshireBear

Established Member
I've lost count of the number of times I've suffered WCML disruption due to broken down class 66s, Voyagers or older freight locos. Voyagers have a, ahem, track record of doing little things like ingesting water through their exhaust vents, or catching fire.

Everybody on here knows the advantages of electric traction around operating costs, track wear, reliability and so on. Not to mention the problems with diesel fumes at enclosed stations. Ever walked out of the underground at Marylebone and been hit in the face by that smell? I'd be interested to know if travelling from Marylebone causes a higher occurrence of respiratory disorders.

OHLE problems on the WCML do usually happen in the same places and there may be a need to reintroduce a 110mph speed limit over locations like this just to prevent this sort of thing happening. But that would have obvious impacts not just on journey times but on the entire timetable for all services.

And yet the voyagers are one of the most reliable trains in the country!
--- old post above --- --- new post below ---
The attached is doing the rounds rapidly via email.... Picture of the back cab of the Pendo with the pantograph flying off. Apologies if already on here somewhere and I have missed it.

Is that just after taken from back cab?

Stats

Status
Not open for further replies.