• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Old BR Advert

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Dennis

Established Member
Excellent ad that - on a par with the Jimmy Saville ones.

Had a look at the Citroen one as well - descibes the Citroen AX as bit of a beast, bit of an overstatement I feel.

Max

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Administrator
Those old adverts are fascinating as well as amusing. Its interesting to note that the message of the advert (ie don't get stuck in traffic etc) is still portrayed in railway adverts today. Well, except that daft Virgin one :lol:

bunnahabhain

Established Member
Good find there Damon - Worrying thing about that advert is the driver of the Class 43 looks a bit like one of my teachers.

nutter

Jamie said:
Good find there Damon - Worrying thing about that advert is the driver of the Class 43 looks a bit like one of my teachers.

The female could be my teacher ANY day.

Nice to see some of the old ones, loving the tractor, first time it's overtaking something IIRC

Craig

Established Member
eezypeazy said:
I've not got any proof, but I believe it was west of Hexham, in the Bardon Mill area...
Yeah that was my first thought too, where the A69 runs alongside the railway.

jdjonnay

Dennis said:
Had a look at the Citroen one as well - descibes the Citroen AX as bit of a beast, bit of an overstatement I feel.

It's an AX GT, they are rapid little 1400s, just a shame citroen make their car bodywork out of recycled kit-kat wrappers.

Status
Not open for further replies.