• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Old DMU at Margate

Status
Not open for further replies.

craigwilson

Hi all,

Just seen a dark-green DMU come through Margate pt3 at about 1815. Number 22 on the front, assuming this is the related to the headcode. Could anyone enlighten me as to it's origins?

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Jedipickles

It's the thumper, it's on a Railtour around Kent, it's just come up from the Dungeness Branch, heading back to Blackfriars for it's reversal before heading back to Hastings

yorksrob

Veteran Member
I can confirm that it was indeed, as I am on said DEMU and attempting to finish typing before I'm cut off by Chiselhurst tunnel !

STEVIEBOY1

Established Member
I was on that railtour, it was very good as HDL trips are, (In spite of the very wet weather). It seemed to run very well, although the departure from Rochester towards Gillingham was a bit stilted, was fine afterwards though. it's a great train though.

eastwestdivide

Established Member
23 was Cannot Street I think ("odds" were Cannon Street and "evens" Charing Cross) ....

No, definitely 33 for Cannon St-Hastings. I have photos, and the SEG (I think) headcodes book agrees.
Here's someone else's example:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/49864388@N06/6226062123

Edit: it was "evens/+1" for the vast majority of the electric services into Charing Cross/Cannon St, e.g. 80/81 Dartford via Greenwich, but the DEMU-operated services were different (and mostly double-digits, like 66 E Grinstead, 55/88 Tonbridge-Reading depending on direction).

Status
Not open for further replies.