• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Old DMU in Bristol

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cruithne3753

Going past Bristol Temple Meads today, I noticed what looked like an old 1st-gen DMU in BR blue at the platform, didn't have time to stop and check it out.

Anyone know what it was?

(Mods - feel free to move this to Preservation & Heritage if you think it belongs there)

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Ivo

Established Member
I saw an old 2xx Thumper unit - possibly the Hastings unit? - at roughly 1720 in Bath today. Might this be related? And does anyone know where it was headed?

tnxrail

That was most likely 1001 Hastings DMU on tour from hastings to Weston, i went to video it today.

somersetlever

I saw an old 2xx Thumper unit - possibly the Hastings unit? - at roughly 1720 in Bath today. Might this be related? And does anyone know where it was headed?

Unit 1001;

1Z51 Hastings to Weston-Super-Mare
1Z52 Weston-Super-Mare to Hastings

After being serviced at the West Somerset Railway.

jopsuk

Veteran Member
Is it worthwhile pointing out that the Hastings Diesel is green, not blue?

yorksrob

Veteran Member
I was wondering if it might have been one of the 150/1s. They qualify for that description now, don't they? :p

The Thumper consists of Southern Region express stock and is vastly superior in comfort to any 150/ type unit :D

It's also in Southern Region green (I saw it, I was there :D).

Status
Not open for further replies.