• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Old timetables and routes from Hartford

Status
Not open for further replies.

AndyLandy

Established Member
Can anyone advise on where (if anywhere) it's possible to get access to old timetable information?

Specifically, I'm interested to know what services Hartford received in 2000/2001-ish. Certainly I know it was much more than now!

I know that there were CrossCountry services, both to Poole and to Paddington, but I'm not sure if any West Coast services ever called there. As a passing interest, I'm also curious to know what services used to call at Acton Bridge.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

MidnightFlyer

Veteran Member
WCML services used to serve Hartford too, peak only AFAIK, I think a mixture from both Liverpool and Preston to Euston and vice versa. They were withdrawn in 2003, the same time as Operation Princess (XC) failed and was scrapped.

AFAIK Acton Bridge's current service level hasn't changed much for a good few years.

pemma

Veteran Member
There's a post on another forum about services from Hartford in 1990 if that's of any use:
http://www.railwayscene.co.uk/showthread.php?thread=4886

Hartford lost most of it's XC and WC services before 2003, that's when they went completely but they were phased out over a few years. By then it was basically an hourly CT Liverpool to Stansted Airport service with an odd Virgin service here and there.

Status
Not open for further replies.