• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

on my chosen day of travel there are no direct trains?!

Status
Not open for further replies.

map1984

Hi Gents,
I'm travelling from Manchester airport to Doncaster on the afternoon of the 18th of February, which is a Sunday, however every other Sunday there's plenty of direct trains, do you think this might change nearer the time, or should I just book and put up with 2 trains?
Thanks for any help,
Mark

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Established Member
Hi Gents,
I'm travelling from Manchester airport to Doncaster on the afternoon of the 18th of February, which is a Sunday, however every other Sunday there's plenty of direct trains, do you think this might change nearer the time, or should I just book and put up with 2 trains?
Thanks for any help,
Mark
It's unlikely to change so you'll have to go with the 2 trains option or not travel.

John @ home

Established Member
nres.co.uk shows that, due to planned engineering work, buses are replacing trains between New Mills Central and Sheffield on Sunday 18 February. To avoid the buses, it is likely that the journey planner is suggesting a Manchester Airport - Leeds train, followed by a Leeds - Doncaster train.

Merseysider

Established Member
Fares Advisor
Normally when there’s rail disruption National Express tend to throw in a few direct coaches on the affected routes in order to capitalise. You could of course ask them whether they have any plans to do so. Otherwise, you haven’t many options I’m afraid.

Status
Not open for further replies.