• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Operative role applications- Network Rail

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheOne1990

Yeah I’ve heard they are quite slow with their recruitment or at least getting back to you. Got 2 applications sitting in there, obviously 1 longer than the other but I’ll stay hopeful. Both positions are on track, I’m open minded though, I have construction, maintenance background so hopefully that counts for something. Good luck to you guys, I hope you land it.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

jayimmediata

I have had an application sat in consideration for assessment 2 since 30th March and just got an email yesterday saying recruitment will be commencing shortly and asking me to withdraw if no longer interested. Obviously I am still interested so hopefully will hear something soon

Woody27

Hi all I’ve also got a couple sat at the same stage, hopefully things will start to move soon, I understand it’s a tough career to move into, but the waiting is just as hard!

Chrisy89

Well that’s me up n running , got my start date for Monday , buzzing to get started , operative off track .

Macka190

Well that’s me up n running , got my start date for Monday , buzzing to get started , operative off track .
Congratulations mate. I’ve got a few still waiting. Have you had experience on working on the lines before or you have you not ?

Woody27

Hi guys, had the dreaded “more suitable candidate identified” well done to those that have moved to the next stage, for me, the hunt goes on !!!

Daveyboy2407

Hi guys, had the dreaded “more suitable candidate identified” well done to those that have moved to the next stage, for me, the hunt goes on !!!
I had one of those too mate. Keep your head up. I'm sure we will get a lucky break soon

Daveyboy2407

Starting to realise how hard it is to get on without rail experience. It seems everyone from rail subcontracting firms want to get on with network rail in which case 'outsiders' have very little chance

Woody27

Thanks guys, It’s almost impossible Daveyboy2407, but I’ll keep plugging away, as I’m sure you will! Good luck mate

Woody27

I’ve got a good solid construction background, I’m also very practical and quick to learn, but it doesn’t seem to count for much! Need to rethink my applications!!!!

Daveyboy2407

I’ve got a good solid construction background, I’m also very practical and quick to learn, but it doesn’t seem to count for much! Need to rethink my applications!!!!
I've got 25 years of steel fitting and welding on site . Done loads of safety courses and safety critical experience but cant even get an interview. It will happen though, patience is a virtue.. as they say

TheOne1990

Hav
I've got 25 years of steel fitting and welding on site . Done loads of safety courses and safety critical experience but cant even get an interview. It will happen though, patience is a virtue.. as they say
have you applied to welder fitter operative job? I have seen a few of them. I have gone for track operative role, the portal has gone to invite to assesment 2 pending, I won’t hold my breath though lol

Woody27

Hav

have you applied to welder fitter operative job? I have seen a few of them. I have gone for track operative role, the portal has gone to invite to assesment 2 pending, I won’t hold my breath though lol
good luck buddy, I’m not a quitter, so will keep trying!!

Footieboab

had an interview couple weeks back and been offered the job. what is the length of process for track maintenance now? brand new to the game as well

Thomas keeble

Hey guys quick question regarding contractors in south Wales area. I have my PTS AC/DCCR and have worked for Network rail years ago, recently applied for jobs with them but have been unsuccessful. Looking for jobs with contractors to get back out there and gain more experience. Anyone with information on south Wales contractors or anyone know of jobs goin I'd be extremely grateful.

Status
Not open for further replies.