• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Overground Trainee Driver - Harlesden and SE London, Feb '21 & Aug '21

Status
Not open for further replies.

Twotwo

I've sat the assesments for a toc that accepts standard and i applied for GTR recently and I was informed that my assesments met their standards (I've been told GTR is enhanced) but I'll have to sit the DFFT as I haven't sat it. So, the way it works is they will check you results and see if it's up to their enhanced level.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Lamchop

I have just been sent a reminder to do my VSE...

Trying to find time to do it with kids at home is near impossible!

HLK97

Agree - it is a really good test of focus and concentration! I wonder what the pass mark is/how many errors are allowed...

Star S W 9

Just completed it.
First one was ok (ish).
Second one was TESTING.
Third one......

I'll update you.

That exactly what I thought too stage 3 was really intense on the VSE.
How do you think you did?

I found that 3rd one surprising!

Agree - it is a really good test of focus and concentration! I wonder what the pass mark is/how many errors are allowed...
Yeah - hahahahahahahahaha.
I really want too know also, it was no walk in the park!!!

it was tough!
I think it would be easier to fight The Undertaker, Hulk Hogan, The Ultimate Warrior and Big Daddy, at the same time, with one arm tied behind your back.

Wow... just... wow! Think I'll be lucky if I get through to the next stage!
Best of luck.
We all did our best with what we had.

Clave

Just completed it.
First one was ok (ish).
Second one was TESTING.
Third one......

I'll update you.

I think it would be easier to fight The Undertaker, Hulk Hogan, The Ultimate Warrior and Big Daddy, at the same time, with one arm tied behind your back.

Best of luck.

Good luck to you bud. Not sure what's harder; task 3 or waiting for the results

Leyland1195

Good luck everybody, part 3 was pretty crazy , I did mine on Friday evening and now awaiting the results, Really excited as my brother got a job via agency on the railway with On trak as a dispatcher then southern offered him the job as a fulltime platform assistant.

Lamchop

Lol... glad I'm not the only one that thought it went from, piece of cake to WTF in less than a minute! At least I know what to expect next time!

Chao888

Just completed it.
First one was ok (ish).
Second one was TESTING.
Third one......

I'll update you.

Best of luck.
Best of luck to everyone I find thr 3rd one really intense specially towards the end where multiples things was happening on both side fingers cross I have done enough this was harder than the GTR Scaatt test.

Star S W 9

Lol... glad I'm not the only one that thought it went from, piece of cake to WTF in less than a minute! At least I know what to expect next time!
So true.

Yea, you're right. Task 3 was the most difficult. There should've been a practice screen for that one . Now I've got everything crossed!! Hope I pass this one.
Agreed.
There should have been a practice screen, because that 3rd test is alot.

Last edited:

Rylievie

Its designed to make you multi task, whilst prioritising a primary task. The whole point is to fluster you. Remain calm, recover if it goes a bit wrong and most of all focus on that primary task don't get too distracted by the secondary task.

Star S W 9

Its designed to make you multi task, whilst prioritising a primary task. The whole point is to fluster you. Remain calm, recover if it goes a bit wrong and most of all focus on that primary task don't get too distracted by the secondary task.
Where were you 24hrs ago!

Leyland1195

Hey! It was the assessment I found most difficult!

I wonder when we will here if we passed or not!

I have a feeling they maybe pick the top number of people within a certain criteria, Hence why we get the results after the deadline it seems and not individually, Could be very wrong but im guessing from tomorrow onwards , as Today at 5pm was the deadline if im not mistaken

Best of luck and hope to hear you and everybody else who has passed in the near future.

Last edited:

luvash

I've received an email that I have passed the VSE and now going to next stage which is the SJT!

HLK97

I've received an email that I have passed the VSE and now going to next stage which is the SJT!
Well done! I've not heard anything yet. How had you felt you did with the VSE before getting the results? Many errors?

luvash

Thanks guys! I completed the test on Saturday. I believe I had about 6/7 errors on the last 2 stages each, not 100% sure of course.

HLK97

Thanks guys! I completed the test on Saturday. I believe I had about 6/7 errors on the last 2 stages each, not 100% sure of course
That's encouraging! I've no idea what would be considered good enough to pass!

Status
Not open for further replies.