• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Overground Trainee Driver - Harlesden and SE London, Feb '21 & Aug '21

Status
Not open for further replies.

N.Sim

Anyone still waiting from passing stage 1 last year (pre-Covid) and so applied again when received an email to do so….??
I was asked to send more details and then still nothing.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Razer Train

Anyone still waiting from passing stage 1 last year (pre-Covid) and so applied again when received an email to do so….??
Whoever was your HR point of contact. Give them a call or drop an email to them explaining. Hopefully you'll get a reply back

Ace91

Yeah. I passed stage 1 & 2 was waiting on a DMI. Reapplied, replied to the email about further details and haven’t heard anything since.

HLK97

I would contact them again and just explain what stages you have already passed. It makes sense for them to call you in for DMI as they have spent time and money getting you through the first two stages, so nothing to lose by contacting them. Good luck!

MintyMango

So the SJT in stage 1 is pass or fail.

The SJE before the MMI in stage 2 is computerised and isn't a pass or fail test but your answers will factor in to your interview.

Last edited:

MintyMango

Thanks

Ok thanks, are the questions train/railway related or not?

Nope. The situations are completely random and different from one another so, for instance, one will be like you're working in a warehouse and the next will be you're just walking down the street, etc.

The Don

Nope. The situations are completely random and different from one another so, for instance, one will be like you're working in a warehouse and the next will be you're just walking down the street, etc.
Ah right interesting. Thanks for that

Do you have adequate time for the SJT or are you pushed for time?

Last edited:

MintyMango

Ah great thanks. Are the optional answers all very similar like the material questions attached in the email? I gather you have to take the mind set of a driver?

All very similar to the ones in the practice material. The best advice I can give is to answer honestly and trust yourself, most of the questions are just common sense. They are looking to see if your characteristics match up to that of a train driver but, personally, if you try too much to think about what answer you think they want to hear then it'll stress you out too much. Good luck!

HLK97

All very similar to the ones in the practice material. The best advice I can give is to answer honestly and trust yourself, most of the questions are just common sense. They are looking to see if your characteristics match up to that of a train driver but, personally, if you try too much to think about what answer you think they want to hear then it'll stress you out too much. Good luck!
This is good advice! Don’t second guess what they want, give honest answers about what you would genuinely do.

N.Sim

Yeah. I passed stage 1 & 2 was waiting on a DMI. Reapplied, replied to the email about further details and haven’t heard anything since.
It’s strange to not deal with all the applicants that were in the process already from before lockdown and waiting for next stages. Surely the cheaper option!

I did email and they basically said don’t email to chase! They will get to my application when they get to it kind of thing!

Fireflymk2

Has anyone started training? yet just curious to see how it's being run and what's involved during the first few weeks.
Do you get issued uniform quickly or is it shirt and tie.

baz962

Established Member
Has anyone started training? yet just curious to see how it's being run and what's involved during the first few weeks.
Usually get uniform quite quickly. Things will have changed due to covid. Usually the first week is company induction and then personal track safety or PTS.

Rylievie

Uniform is in the first few weeks! Used to be a fitting but I think its just being ordered now. You will get a course layout of dates and topics areas (DTs) on your first day induction. Usually your annual leave during the course will be given aswell.

baz962

Established Member
Thanks for your replies I'm guessing the days are roughly 0830 - 1700 days Monday - friday
Pre covid it was 08.30 ish till around 15.00 ish . Some of the trainee groups around now , were doing one day in and one day work from home.

Rylievie

Pre covid it was 08.30 ish till around 15.00 ish . Some of the trainee groups around now , were doing one day in and one day work from home.
Pretty sure they are smaller localised groups now (Ell/Nll) so should be roughly those hours.

baz962

Established Member
Possibly. The trainee's now are mostly doing their driving hour's now . I know a couple of groups are.

REO Nate

A big thank you to everyone who has contributed and commented on this thread.

I have just been offered a start date of the 13/09 for the New Cross Depot intake and cannot wait to get started.

All of those who have commented and contributed have been a great help and have enabled me to better understand the process.

Going to have to update my profile image now and get rid of the Southeastern train from my former employer :E:E

Business Bob

A big thank you to everyone who has contributed and commented on this thread.

I have just been offered a start date of the 13/09 for the New Cross Depot intake and cannot wait to get started.

All of those who have commented and contributed have been a great help and have enabled me to better understand the process.

Going to have to update my profile image now and get rid of the Southeastern train from my former employer :E:E
You are welcome and Congrats :D See you in Sept
Attached is a copy of how the course is supposed to run when I did it, but this was pre-covid so again it will go more or less to that structure according to classroom availability and restrictions with an extra week in DT4 (15 to now 20days) for the 710. Where I've written AL is where your block booked Annual Leave will or should fall within the course.20210520_184038.jpg

Fireflymk2

I have to echo REO nate in his thanks and thank everyone on this forum for sharing so much knowledge. I wouldn't have got this far without it

REO Nate

You are welcome and Congrats :D See you in Sept

Attached is a copy of how the course is supposed to run when I did it, but this was pre-covid so again it will go more or less to that structure according to classroom availability and restrictions with an extra week in DT4 (15 to now 20days) for the 710. Where I've written AL is where your block booked Annual Leave will or should fall within the course.View attachment 99426
This is awesome and a great help with knowing what is coming. Thank you. 8-)

I have to echo REO nate in his thanks and thank everyone on this forum for sharing so much knowledge. I wouldn't have got this far without it
Going to have to change my username now too. o_O:E

Status
Not open for further replies.