• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Oyster Automatic Refunds - How?

Status
Not open for further replies.

rushhour25

Hi all,

Just wanting to know how automatic refunds are claimed. Do you just touch in as normal to claim at a station, or use the ticket machine to do so? I've a refund to collect, but won't be making a journey, so don't want to find out I'm charged again when touching in.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

MikeWh

Established Member
Associate Staff
Senior Fares Advisor
Yes, it will be credited next time you touch in on a train or bus/tram. If you haven't picked it up after a few days then the help desk can arrange for it to be paid another way.

rushhour25

Thanks for your reply, but as I'm not due to go on a journey, can i just touch in now and claim the refund?

MikeWh

Established Member
Associate Staff
Senior Fares Advisor
You'll be charged an incomplete journey if you do. The cheapest way if you must would be on a bus. Personally I'd call the help desk.

Paul Kelly

Verified Rep - BR Fares
Could you go through Southwark station and out again? Is that still free on Oyster?

MikeWh

Established Member
Associate Staff
Senior Fares Advisor
As far as I know the free passage through Southwark is achieved by describing a fare from each potential station to Southwark via Waterloo East.

some bloke

Established Member
Maybe you could explain to an Underground station staff member, and ask "if I touch in, would you cancel the journey?"

gray1404

Established Member
The best thing to do here is call the oyster help line. They've issued refunds to a bank account for me a few times.

Status
Not open for further replies.