• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Oyster fare from A-B on different routes

Status
Not open for further replies.

Electrostar

I've been looking at travel options between Beckenham Junction (zone 4) and Syon Lane (also zone 4) weekdays at approximately 8am.

The National Rail and TfL websites both suggest taking the Southern service to Clapham Jn (zone 2) changing for the SWT to Syon Lane (zone 4)

The TfL site's alternative is taking the SouthEastern service to Brixton (zone 2) change to Tube to Vauxhall and connect to South West Trains service to Syon Lane. *

The National Rail's somewhat surprising alternative is taking the TfL Tramlink (zone 3&4) to East Croydon (zone 5) change to Southern to Clapham Jn (zone 2) change to SWT to Syon Lane.

The BJ/CJ/SL and BJ/Brixton/Vauxhall/SL options cost £2.20 for a single Oyster fare but I can't find a price of going via East Croydon.*

Will the NR suggested route of going via East Croydon cost the same? I'm worried that going out to zone 6 will make it more expensive.
--- old post above --- --- new post below ---
Ps not quite sure why asterixes have appeared on my post but please ignore them!

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

General Zod

You will collared for two fares if using the East Croydon route i.e. the tramlink fare to East Croydon plus the train fare from East Croydon to Syon Lane. The EC - SL fare is £2.70 Peak and £2.00 Off Peak so add these to your BJ - EC tram fare ( £1.80 peak / £1.50 off peak).

Surreytraveller

On Moderation
You will collared for two fares if using the East Croydon route i.e. the tramlink fare to East Croydon plus the train fare from East Croydon to Syon Lane. The EC - SL fare is £2.70 Peak and £2.00 Off Peak so add these to your BJ - EC tram fare ( £1.80 peak / £1.50 off peak).

Tram fare is £1.20 (same as a bus)?

Electrostar

Thanks. I don't understand pay as you go! You can take a train, tube and train and be charged one price but can't take a tram and two trains.

Surreytraveller

On Moderation
Although saying that, I believe Travelcards have to be valid in the correct zones on London Trams, but any Travelcard is valid on any bus regardless of zones.

Surreytraveller

On Moderation
I remeber now. To travel to Wimbledon you used to have to have a Travelcard valid in Zone 3. But the whole of London Trams is now in all of zones 3, 4, 5 & 6.

It is still strange that you can use any Travelcard on any London Bus, but not Trams when the Trams are supposed to be priced the same as buses!?

Status
Not open for further replies.