Paddington to Mortimer, Mortimer to Sydenham

Discussion in 'Fares Advice & Policy' started by Ian99, 7 Jun 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ian99

Ian99 Member

Hi

Girlfriend needs to do the above journey, out on Thursday 1200hrs from Paddington back on Sunday to Sydenham.

She has a Gold Card and a Zone 1-3 annual London travel card.

Any thoughts please?

2. Hadders

Hadders Established Member

Boundary Zone 3 - Mortimer Off Peak Return at £18.40 (via Reading) would suffice.

There is a via Basingstoke fare at £20.25. If your girl friend wished to go out one way and back the other it would cost half the difference (ie. 90p) to excess one leg.

3. Ian99

Ian99 Member

Thanks for that - presumably those are prices before the Gold Card discount? I wonder if it might be easier just to buy one ticket rather than trying to get it excessed.

Probably a silly question but is the via Basingstoke fare only valid via Basingstoke - ie is there a ticket which is valid either way please?

4. Hadders

Hadders Established Member

They're the prices after he GC discount! Unfortunately there isn't a ticket that's valid either way, it's either via Reading or via Basingstoke. Note however that a change of route excess is the same price if purchased on board. Also, a via Basingstoke ticket would be valid via Reading by virtue of it being more expensive.

I've not checked the timetable but I'd expect it to be quicker both ways vi Reading.

5. Ian99

Ian99 Member

Great, thanks.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.