• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Paisley Container Base

Status
Not open for further replies.

DarloRich

Veteran Member
between Paisley and Johnstone ( Elderslie?) there seems to be a W H Malcolm container base that is rail connected. Is it ever used? I often see a telehandler there when I pass but have never seen a train in there. Also is on part of the site of the former Linwood car factory?

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

hexagon789

Veteran Member
between Paisley and Johnstone ( Elderslie?) there seems to be a W H Malcolm container base that is rail connected. Is it ever used? I often see a telehandler there when I pass but have never seen a train in there. Also is on part of the site of the former Linwood car factory?

Looking at their website, nothing seems to be regularly scheduled to use Elderslie-Linwood as they label it

route101

Established Member
Last time i passed , it looked like it had recently been used, hardly noticed any freight along that bit .

hexagon789

Veteran Member
Last time i passed , it looked like it had recently been used, hardly noticed any freight along that bit .

I only recall once seeing a train there, a 66 and maybe four or five container wagons.

That was years ago though, probably about 2007 or 2008

I know the Caledonian sleeper stock stabled there once or twice before due to engineering work blocking access to Polmadie Depot

ScottDarg

DRS used it in 2018 to unload the Daventry - Mossend Tesco service whilst resignalling work blocked access to Mossend. https://flic.kr/p/263akmJ

This was around the same time that GBRf / Serco used it for stabling the Caledonian Sleeper stock due to resignalling around Polmadie.

I have seen mention of some planned services for the terminal - hopefully starting later this year, though whether they actually materialise is another matter.

Status
Not open for further replies.