• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Passenger "Mutiny" Due To Missed Stop At Swindon

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ken H

On Moderation
I don't think this was the issue here though
Too many PA rants will men people turn off listening to it. They will hear it and assume its just another rant about keeping luggage with you. If the PA was only used sparingly then people wold take notice more. Same with bleeping. people eventually ignore warning bleeps and miss the one that could warn them of a real risk.
(I am not saying this was the case in this event - just saying)

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Nicholas Lewis

Established Member
Too many PA rants will men people turn off listening to it. They will hear it and assume its just another rant about keeping luggage with you. If the PA was only used sparingly then people wold take notice more. Same with bleeping. people eventually ignore warning bleeps and miss the one that could warn them of a real risk.
(I am not saying this was the case in this event - just saying)
Id say this has relevance and RDG would do well to research it. On a frequent stopping route your are plagued with the next station is and then as soon as you leave this train is for followed by all the stops. On a frequent stopping Thameslink its almost continuous and quite possible your subconscious shuts it out.

Islineclear3_1

Established Member
PTSO or platform depending on the weather
Any other industry would rightly go bust and its staff on the dole. Frankly l start, when l read some postings from those in the industry, to think that would not be a bad thing.

And that sort of anti-rail and anti its-staff attitude seen here is why many staff who may be perfectly decent human beings and want to do a good job while at work, won't post on this forum.
And thus, we have the issue of no accountability. Not necessarily the fault of staff on the ground who are fed duff, or no info but questions need to be asked at senior level

Stigy

Established Member
"We were stopped outside Swindon for nearly an hour because passenger alarms kept being pulled all the way down the train and they stopped the wheels from working”

Best comment in a news article about the railway I’ve read in a long time :D

Mag_seven

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Global Moderator
OK folks I think we are done here as the reasons for the disruption have been well explained by those in the know and we are now in danger of going round in circles.

Should there be any further developments in this story then please alert a member of the forum staff and we will look to have the thread reopened.

thanks everyone.

Status
Not open for further replies.