• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Passengers hurt as bus hits house

Status
Not open for further replies.

yorkie

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Administrator
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/southern_counties/4390306.stm
Five people were injured when a bus crashed into a terraced house on Sunday morning, police have said.
The Metrobus was driving through Crawley in West Sussex when it veered off the road.

Sussex Police said four passengers suffered minor injuries and the driver required hospital treatment, but was not thought to be seriously hurt.

Residents have been moved from six properties in Hassocks Court following the crash.

A spokeswoman for West Sussex Fire and Rescue Service said: "We are still on the scene. The residents have been evacuated because it's unsafe."
Not as bad in terms of damage as the York crash, but it was more serious in terms of injuries as it had passengers on board.

I can't understand from the photo how it could possibly have happened :?

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

tramboy

Is that not one of the brand new Omnicity's that run on the "FastWay" (??) thingy between Heathrow and the surrounding towns?

If it is, they might need to look at the guidewheels, and see if anything has hit them/got stuck in them and the like.

Regards

Dave

Jordy

Established Member
That looks like a very bad accident

yorkie said:
I can't understand from the photo how it could possibly have happened

Me neither, and it must have gone through a Garden by the looks of it :shock:

Jordy

yorkie

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Administrator
Well, according to the media this is a non-event, while the (actually just one bogie) derailment in Liverpool was serious. Hmm....

Galvanize

tramboy said:
Is that not one of the brand new Omnicity's that run on the "FastWay" (??) thingy between Heathrow and the surrounding towns?

If it is, they might need to look at the guidewheels, and see if anything has hit them/got stuck in them and the like.

Regards

Dave

It's Gatwick not Heathrow, Tramboy.

tramboy

Close! I knew it was one airport or t'other...and i did read it years ago!

I only remember it because they went on about how good the silver Omnicity's were...give me a Tempo anyday though!

Cheers

Dave

OTS

yorkie said:
Well, according to the media this is a non-event, while the (actually just one bogie) derailment in Liverpool was serious. Hmm....
Scousers are obviously more important thean Southerners! :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.