• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Penalty fare

Status
Not open for further replies.

KPeanut70

Hi all

My own fault I sat in first class on a great Northern train but my ticket doesn't allow for this. The inspector fined me £62.60 which I paid on the train. they didn't take any details from me such as name address etc except my season ticket number (I know I had a season tkt but no seats available) will I receive anything further from them as I got a receipt when I paid?? Thank you

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Bletchleyite

Veteran Member
That sounds like a Penalty Fare. If you have paid it in full, that is likely to be the end of the matter.

Don't do it again, though. Next time you may find yourself being prosecuted.

They will get your personal details from your ticket number.

KPeanut70

Oh blimey my own fault entirely no definitely won't do it again I have learnt my expensive lesson. Thank you for your response

KPeanut70

Sorry me again so I don't receive a letter or anything as you say they will have my details by my photo card number?? Thank you :)

Darandio

Established Member
Sorry me again so I don't receive a letter or anything as you say they will have my details by my photo card number?? Thank you :)

As you have already paid £62.60 then that should be the end of the matter for this offence. It's not inconceivable that your details could have been taken from the season ticket number so they can be flagged if you do it again.

KPeanut70

As you have already paid £62.60 then that should be the end of the matter for this offence. It's not inconceivable that your details could have been taken from the season ticket number so they can be flagged if you do it again.
Thank you :)

najaB

Veteran Member
Hi NajaB it's a 3 month season ticket.
Then yes, they will have your details. As others have said, paying the penalty fare should be the end of the matter, but you're now 'on the radar' for a while.

KPeanut70

Oh noo never done anything like this before:( this will teach me!! This won't affect any jobs etc will it last question I promise :)

najaB

Veteran Member
Oh noo never done anything like this before:( this will teach me!! This won't affect any jobs etc will it last question I promise :)
No. I can assure you that it will have zero affect on any job applications, etc. Because it was dealt with by way of a penalty fare it didn't happen as far as the legal system is concerned.

KPeanut70

No. I can assure you that it will have zero affect on any job applications, etc. Because it was dealt with by way of a penalty fare it didn't happen as far as the legal system is concerned.
Thank you so much panic over:)

Status
Not open for further replies.