• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Pendolinos

Status
Not open for further replies.

tubenutter

Hi

Living in Rugby, I travel on Pendolinos quite often and I always head for coach A (northern end, standard class) because it is almost always the emptiest area of the train. I usually find that Coach B is the standard class quiet coach -- this is probably one of the reasons for Coach A's emptiness. Yesterday I found myself travelling to East Croydon and back to watch a football match, via Watford Junction. On the way there the train was in 'reverse operation' so having run to the back end of the train i found myself at the other end of first class to where i needed to be. I rushed back up to Coach A which was empty, despite my belief that the closest coach to the end of the platforms at Euston would logically be the most full. On the way back from Watford I found that Class A was quite coach, and not Coach B.

Are the quiet coach classifications on Pendolinos interchangeable or are they changing it across the fleet or what?

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

matt

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Global Moderator
Quite coach in standard class is moving from Coach B to Coach A. Im not sure about first class.

voyagerdude220

Established Member
Pendo's have a designated quiet coach in FC?

What do you call the FC coach next to SC, which often has literally no people in all the way between Euston & Brum- Quiet coach no 2? ;)

Whilst SC is overcrowded, full of people and luggage, I'm in FC oblivious to the fact there's people actually stood up on this train, enjoying my full english breakfast, with a cup of coffe.

kestrel

I'm glad they've moved QC up to coach A, fed up with people banging their way thru and those idiot business bod's gassing away on their mobiles talkin Bxxxxxx!

Thats one of the probs with FC on the Adelantes (soon not to be a problem!) everyone trundles thru it to and from the buffet!

devon_metro

Established Member
I'm glad they've moved QC up to coach A, fed up with people banging their way thru and those idiot business bod's gassing away on their mobiles talkin Bxxxxxx!

Thats one of the probs with FC on the Adelantes (soon not to be a problem!) everyone trundles thru it to and from the buffet!

Yep i thought putting FC there was pretty suicidal. The joys of HSTs...

Status
Not open for further replies.