• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

People ae so Gullible

Status
Not open for further replies.

Established Member
On Facebook I set my status to "Its snowing", so far 11 comments, they all beleve me :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:,some people will beleve anything you tell them! :)

anyone else had a case where people have beleved the sillyest of all things

I remember once I told someone the Virgin 90 was cancelled because someone fell out of the droplight not only that the 90 set was T+T 57`s :lol:

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

I agree, this morning on my way down to the A-stock meet there was an announcement to use the rear 4 coaches of the 8 car Lm train for comfort reasons, and I had the front car of the train almost to myself, sure we almost had all the windows blow out in a tunnel but thats part and parcel

Dai.

Established Member
I've had this happen a couple of times, saying stupid things about swine flu, it mutating into a disease where you turned into a pig etc.

It's fun to see how far you can go before they click.

43034 The Black Horse

Established Member
Someone believed I was going along the Weymouth Quay line in PPM, a test for 2012. He still believed the next day when I saw him, I had to tell him then....

On Facebook I set my status to "Its snowing", so far 11 comments, they all beleve me :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:,some people will beleve anything you tell them! :)

anyone else had a case where people have beleved the sillyest of all things

I remember once I told someone the Virgin 90 was cancelled because someone fell out of the droplight not only that the 90 set was T+T 57`s :lol:

Set your status to 'I am a homosexual' and see how people react.

monkey

...I know someone at college few years ago, a guy asked a friend of mine, if she wanted to buy his "air guitar" and she asked how much?:roll:
--- old post above --- --- new post below ---
Set your status to 'I am a homosexual' and see how people react.
...haha - a classic. my friends always do that to each other, when they leave themselves logged in...:D

Established Member
Today when I was at Market harbourgh a woman tried to open the "THIS IS NOT A PASSENGER DOOR" door on a 222, she pressed where the button would be and waited too :lol:

also moments before they announce "the next train is not stopping" as it approches the mom says "here it is bye luv" :lol: they looked shocked as it sped past!

Work in technical support long enough and you'll soon learn a redefinition of gullible, and stupidity.

'Is that a left click or a right click'?

Me: 'Okay so if you'd like to double click the icon to run the software, sir'
Them: 'It says, click run to continue, what do I do, Run or Cancel?'

'I received an email last night that said if I click this my whole hard disk will be burned, should I be afraid?'

The best one yet has to be a client of ours who's security was recently stepped up thanks to yours truly discovering a weakness. Now, if they type the incorrect password 3 times, the account is 'locked out' and they must phone us to get it unlocked. Almost without fail, at least twice or more times a week, this one woman phones us to reset her password because she's either forgotten it or mistyped it 3+ times.

I honestly don't know how they do it, but some people just shouldn't be let out.

me123

Established Member
Work in technical support long enough and you'll soon learn a redefinition of gullible, and stupidity.

'Is that a left click or a right click'?

Me: 'Okay so if you'd like to double click the icon to run the software, sir'
Them: 'It says, click run to continue, what do I do, Run or Cancel?'

'I received an email last night that said if I click this my whole hard disk will be burned, should I be afraid?'

The best one yet has to be a client of ours who's security was recently stepped up thanks to yours truly discovering a weakness. Now, if they type the incorrect password 3 times, the account is 'locked out' and they must phone us to get it unlocked. Almost without fail, at least twice or more times a week, this one woman phones us to reset her password because she's either forgotten it or mistyped it 3+ times.

I honestly don't know how they do it, but some people just shouldn't be let out.

I can beat that.

Customer: My internet's not working. It's been down for a month now. I need an engineer.
Me: Have you called about this before?
Cmmr: No, I thought it was just a local problem
<I check the system>
Me: There's definitely no broadband going through your line at the moment, would you be able to check your router for me please sir?
Cmmr: What's that?
Me: It's a little box, it's usually a little black box beside your computer
Cmmr: Can't you just send an engineer?
Me: We may need to do that, but we may be able to fix the problem over the phone for you today sir.
Cmmr: OK
<He reluctantly goes to find his router>
Cmmr: I've got it
Me: That's fantastic, could you possibly tell me which of the lights are showing, sir?
Cmmr: It just says "Cannot read disk"
Me: OK... are you sure that's your router? It usually only has 5 lights on it
Cmmr: I'll just check
<Pause a few seconds>
Cmmr: I think that might be my video player.
Me: OK, do you know where your router might be? It's a little black box with 5 lights on it
Cmmr: I'll have another look
<He looks for a few minutes>
Cmmr: Is it a Seimens box?
Me: Usually, yes. Can you tell me which lights are showing on it?
Cmmr: Shouldn't an engineer be doing this?
Me: As I say, we may need an engineer, but I'd like to see if we could help you over the phone today.
Cmmr: Right... There's no lights on it.
Me: Is the power light on?
Cmmr: No
Me: OK... can I just ask you to check if it's plugged in?
Cmmr: Just a minute...
<He takes a few minutes to check>
Cmmr: No. Should I plug it in?
Me: Yes please
<A slight pause whilst he plugs it in>
Cmmr: Right all the lights are coming on now
Me: OK, everything's coming back online now at our end. Could you try and access the internet for me please?
<A slight pause>
Cmmr: Yes, I'm back on
Me: Well, that should be you. Is there anything else I can do for you today?
Cmmr: Am I not going to get compensation? I've not had any internet for a month now and I'm paying for this!
Me: We can't really give you compensation, because it's been a problem at your end.
Cmmr: What do you mean?
Me: Because the router was unplugged at your end, that was the reason the internet wasn't getting through so there was nothing we could do about that at our end.
Cmmr: But that wasn't my fault!
Me: But we still can't give compensation because it wasn't our fault. It was a problem in your premises.

This basically developed into an irate call, with him demanding that we reimburse him because he unplugged his router for a month :roll: He also demanded to know why he had to do all the work, and why I didn't send him an engineer.

The number of people I had this conversation (below) with was just unreal:

Me: Can you check your router for me please?
Cmmr: Hold on a minute...
<They search for a while and ask what it looks like and where it's likely to be>
Cmmr: Do I need to be at home for this?
Me: Yes, the router will be in your house
Cmmr: Only, I'm at work just now. I thought you meant it was on the internet. :roll:

Established Member
anyone seen The IT crowd, just say to them "Have you tried turning it on and off"

Thats what I say when I think it will fix the problem, my colleague just says it for nearly everything and hopes the person doesn't call back. I don't like the way my colleague works.
--- old post above --- --- new post below ---
me123, your signature makes me lul.

me123

Established Member
^^you can't be serious right?!??? :shock:

Sadly, yes that was a serious conversation (not word for word, but the situation was sadly real). I had a few nutters, but that really did take the biscuit. A colleague apparently had a call from an old lady along the lines of "my toes tingle when I turn my set top box on, does it emit ionising radiation?", but that was the worst I've had. Thankfully, I don't work there any more.

rww100

haha, i loled so much at that me123. :lol:

Thanks for sharing - I'll be smiling all day due to that :D

Back onto the thread topic though, did anyone hear the news that the word 'gullible' has now been removed from the Compact Oxford English Dictionary?

Status
Not open for further replies.