• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Peterborough to Edinburgh

Status
Not open for further replies.

SWT158

Hi
i,m looking at traveling to Edinburgh on the 18th Oct
what train will it be HS125 or the 225 it be the 09:16 from Peterborough
also looking to see what service first class on that route, am i too late for the full breakfast service
any info would be welcome

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

SWT158

what service is the HS225 operate on Edingbourgh-Peterborough Wed 22nd coming back south bound
or is the route fully HST 125

jopsuk

Veteran Member
The "full timetables" on the site used to have the allocation at the top of each column, but it no longer does.

There are nine EDB-PBO services (at other times you have to change). One of these, at 1731 from Edinburgh, is from Aberdeen- this has to be an HST.

All the rest appear to be, from Real Time Trains, booked to be 225s- click on the service, it'll say
•Timed for 125mph max
•Electric locomotive, trailing load 410 tonnes
By contrast, the service from Aberdeen:
•Timed for 125mph max
•High Speed Train (HST125)

if those times are not convenient then there's a lot more Edinburgh-London services, change at York for a service that stops at Peterborough.

PHILIPE

Veteran Member
According to realtimetrains it will be an HST. See here:

http://www.realtimetrains.co.uk/train/G35384/2014/10/18/advanced

The class shown on Real Time Trains is the class for what it is timed and not necessarily what is diagrammed. I suggest you go to "125 Group" website where HST Diagrams are listed and , by a process of elimination, you should be able to get the answer. If it is at a weekend, Engineering Work might affect the diagrams.

yorkie

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Administrator
The class shown on Real Time Trains is the class for what it is timed and not necessarily what is diagramm...ed.
Agreed, but it is unlikely to be diagrammed differently to how it is timed.

Of course, on the day alterations can occur (for various reasons), and even London to Aberdeen train is not guaranteed HST as far as Edinburgh, as it has not been unknown for a 91 to work to Edinburgh for an HST forward, but there's no way you can plan for such events.

Certain trains are much more liable to change than others, for example the 1601 York-London is diagrammed/timed for HST, but a 91 is not at all uncommon.

ryan125hst

Established Member
If you want to know which train is booked for HST's and which is booked as a 225, these diagrams, provided after a Freedom of Information request from me, may be of use.

Note though that, as yorkie said, this is subject to change due to operational reasons.

DaveNewcastle

Established Member
I had to smile at this:
There are nine EDB-PBO services
. . . .

All the rest appear to be, from Real Time Trains, booked to be 225s- click on the service, it'll say
•Timed for 125mph max
•Electric locomotive, trailing load 410 tonnes
There's nothing 'trailing' about the 410 tonne load when travelling south! It gets pushed. All the way.

yorkie

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Administrator
If you want to know which train is booked for HST's and which is booked as a 225, these diagrams, provided after a Freedom of Information request from me, may be of use..
Though only for the short term, and not on the day the original poster is travelling. But useful for some, I'm sure.

A good FOI result. I'm sure EC would be happy to provide the same again for future timetable periods... ;):D

ryan125hst

Established Member
Though only for the short term, and not on the day the original poster is travelling. But useful for some, I'm sure.

That's true. Set swaps seem to happen quite frequently. I should have been on a HST when travelling back from London last summer but it ended up being a 225. The giveaway was the CIS saying "Reservations for Coach G in Coach H, Reservations for Coach J in Coach K".

Interesting what you said about the Aberdeen trains (which can also apply to other services that venture off the wires I guess) as I've not heard of this happening before. The York stoppers tend to vary frequently- I notice because they're the only ones that stop at Retford!

A good FOI result. I'm sure EC would be happy to provide the same again for future timetable periods... ;):D

They have done it in the past (although this one was the first time I had asked myself). The timetable change in December will be the last time that this is possible before the franchise is privatised. Have any private TOC's ever released diagrams when asked by members?

Status
Not open for further replies.