• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Piccadilly - Old Trafford Special

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yorkswatcher

Anyone know if this service is running on Saturday for RL Grand Final. Has in other years but didnt last year.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Statto

Established Member
Just had a look on the both National & Northern Rail planners, & the service doesn't seem to be running. Your best bet, is catching Metrolink to Old Trafford

It did run last year, but from Oxford Road to the Ground.

Eric

Be good to know the details thanks!

The posters are now up in Leeds and from what I can remember there are three trains Manchester Oxford Road - Manchester United and three trains back with the last one departing Manchester United at 20:50.

yorksrob

Veteran Member
Does anybody know what the fares are for this ? Do you just buy a ticket at Oxford Road or can you get there on a "Manchester Stations". I can't find any information on Northern's website.

Eric

Does anybody know what the fares are for this ? Do you just buy a ticket at Oxford Road or can you get there on a "Manchester Stations". I can't find any information on Northern's website.

I went to watch Bradford vs Wigan around 2002/2003 and we were told to get a return to Trafford Park which was only £1.80 return from Oxford Road. 10p cheaper than the tram at the time.

Solent&Wessex

Established Member
Fares Manual said:
Manchester United Football Ground

Sporting venue – through ticketing

Interchange station: Manchester United Football Ground Halt *

* Open match and special event days only
Fares

Unless a through fare exists from the customers point of departure the following ticket issuing procedure must be followed:

Issue the customer with the relevant single or return to Manchester Stns.
Issue the customer with a Off Peak Single or Off Peak Day return ticket from the relevant Manchester Station, the price of which is £3.00 (CDS) or (CDR).

Discounts

Child discounts are available.

Railcard discounts are available.

Traincards, Countycards, Cheap Evening Returns, Daysavers, GM Rail Rangers, PTE Free Passes and GMPTE Wayfarer are not valid.

Services

Non timetabled trains operate to the Manchester United Football Ground Halt on most match days and for certain other special events ONLY.

For info, Piccadilly to Old Trafford is £2.40 Off Peak Day Return.

yorksrob

Veteran Member
Many thanks for the info. I may well make use of that service !

Status
Not open for further replies.