• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Picking Up Tickets - Please help!

Status
Not open for further replies.

hynesa02

I have booked a train ticket to be picked up from a machine at Westbury, but i just found out that the date i booked for was incorrect! If i never pick the ticket up will i still be charged?!

thank you!

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

scotsman

Established Member
Yes you will. What type of ticket was it? (Advance / Off Peak / Anytime)

Mojo

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Administrator
I'm only aware of Southern who offer a refund on non-Advance tickets bought online. You must not collect the ticket, log in to their website and print & post a form to them.

AlterEgo

Veteran Member
Depends what type of ticket you have purchased. You can usually refund Off Peak or Anytime tickets for a £10 admin feee.....but I suspect you have an Advance ticket, which is non-refundable I'm afraid. Virgin will allow you to AMEND an Advance ticket for date or time, travelling between the same two stations, for a £10 admin fee.

So if you've got an Advance ticket, it's probably best to go about amending the date/time.

bnm

Established Member
Advance Purchase tickets can be amended prior to the departure of the first booked train. The origin and destination station have to remain the same. You will have to pay a £10 admin fee PLUS any difference in the fare paid and the new fare. If the new fare is another Advance Purchase priced less than the ticket you already hold, you will NOT be refunded the difference.

Status
Not open for further replies.