• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Please Help I’m so stressed out!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hi thank you Farleigh,

I’ve explained in so much depth and it’s frustrating that people actually come on here to insinuate things online. I’ve come to this thread for help and advice. I’m thankful to everyone that’s actually helped and given some advice and contribution. It’s just sad that some people come on here to purposely insinuate things.

Hey TasF - stick with the forum.

You will work this out and there will be people on here with great expertise who come to offer useful advice.

FWIW I think you have explained the situation clearly and I hope that you get through this with a positive outcome.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

I don’t know how old you are but on an 18+ Oyster card we can log in and top up online, create travel cards for trains...

But how can you top up if you forgot your Oyster? You also said you "didn't want to pay twice"; this applies as much to Oyster PAYG as contactless.

It's a pun on a popular 1970s ice cream dessert.

I'm asking you these questions so you can think about your responses. TfL will want to know the same things. If it is a systematic abuse of a staff facility then things will be a whole lot worse for both you and your mum.

Last edited by a moderator:

Tetchytyke

Veteran Member
I don’t know how old you are but on an 18+ Oyster card we can log in and top up online, create travel cards for trains...

I am well aware of how Oyster works.

What I am suggesting is that forgetting your own card but remembering your mother's card- which conveniently affords a big discount- looks suspicious. If I'm suspicious then TfL will be; abuse of staff facilities is not looked on kindly. You can take my question in the spirit its intended- a suggestion to either get your story straight or be honest- or you can sulk. Up to you really, I'm not the one facing a potential RoRA prosecution that a) shows up on DBS and b) is considered a dishonesty offence by some professional bodies.

Tetchytyke

Veteran Member
The staff at the underground understood what I was telling her

The ticket inspector a) is trained to diffuse things by being nice and b) isn't the one who decides whether they prosecute you or let you pay a hefty financial settlement instead.

najaB

Veteran Member
I honestly think you have issues. I don’t know how old you are but on an 18+ Oyster card we can log in and top up online, create travel cards for trains...
But you've said that you didn't have your card, so you'd have to have used your mother's card to get home, no?

Yes like I said I decided to use it that day to go to work and back.

I would of still had to make my travel card via logging into my account on that day as it was the 1st of October and the card expires on 31st. But I just wouldn’t get to use it to travel on the day since I didn’t have my card on me.

But you've said that you didn't have your card, so you'd have to have used your mother's card to get home, no?

Yes exactly,
I’ve established I’m going to wait, and post an update.

There’s no need to go back and fourth about why I used. I know I used it when I shouldn’t have.
I think post 27 offers the best advice.

I don't think there is much more you can do at this stage.

yorkie

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Administrator
Please post replies below the quote tags rather than above them, thanks.

Please do not post multiple replies as separate posts; please combine several quotes into one post (you can click quote and reply many times in one post before clicking "Post Reply")

Please do not use 'text speak' such as "u" instead of "you"; sorry if this sounds nitpicky but our forum rules do require this.

Please be polite - if anyone thinks someone is breaking forum rules, do not reply, and instead click the report button.

Remember people are here to help; if they are being unconstructive this should be reported and not responded to.

Tetchytyke

Veteran Member
How till this point have you not established that I already know I intended to use it on that day..?

If you were not intending to avoid payment, you could have used Contactless or purchased a Travelcard for example; by acting as you did TfL may reasonably suspect your actions indicated intended to avoid payment of the correct fare.

You'll have to wait for the letter. My advice would be to show contrition, accept you were wrong, and offer to make things right. My advice would also be to be much less argumentative than you were on here.

Good luck.

Last edited by a moderator:

MikeWh

Established Member
Associate Staff
Senior Fares Advisor
@Arctic Troll I think the thought process of the OP was along these lines:

Came to leave and realised that his 18+ Student Oyster didn't have enough money on it. He didn't have enough time to queue to top it up. Took his Mum's nominee card instead. Later that day he intended to log into his photocard account on TfL and purchase a travelcard for the 18+ Student Oyster to start the same day. He wouldn't be able to use it that day as he didn't have it, but it would be picked up the next day when touching in. He naively thought that because he'd paid for a day that he wouldn't use this would excuse using the nominee card as TfL wouldn't actually lose money. This is obviously very incorrect, which he now realises.

ainsworth74

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Global Moderator
Okay this got a little bit heated so I think it's best if we leave it here for the time being.

@TasF I'm sorry if you feel that people are trolling you or picking on you but the reason that you're being questioned robustly is simply that this is exactly the sort of questions that TfL will be thinking about and then asking you. It is also, if it gets that far, the sorts of questions that TfL's prosecutor will raise during any court case. So it is very important that you think about what you answer might be to such questions. If you cannot answer us clearly and without confusion then it's going to look even worse when TfL start asking questions like this of you.

I can fully understand that this is incredibly stressful and worrying but it is important that you engage with the process constructively. Unfortunately there is no easy way out of what's happening to you now I'm sorry to say.

When you next have contact from TfL please feel free to report this post (bottom left of this post where there's a little warning triangle) and we can reopen the thread for you to post an update and get more advice.

Status
Not open for further replies.