• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Please help me with overdistance excess

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

yorkie

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Administrator
Officially, no, you are not supposed to be able to excess a TOC-specific ticket into a ticket that is valid on another operator.

pinguini

It isn't TOC specific on the ticket but to marston green you would have to use london midland as they are they only operator

Urban Gateline

Established Member
Officially, no, you are not supposed to be able to excess a TOC-specific ticket into a ticket that is valid on another operator.

I don't think that ticket is TOC specific though is it? on BRFares it just says Route: Any Permitted.

maniacmartin

Established Member
Fares Advisor
The return part of a Marston Green - Worcester Stns SVR is valid for a journey from Worcester Stns - Marston Green. Some clerks will be willing to excess this to Coventry, but others will not as the outward portion of the ticket has been used. You may have to try a few ticket offices. See here for more information
This ticket is routed Any Permitted, so if it was excessed, it would be valid on any TOC, including Virgin. (I suspect yorkie misread Fare Setter: London Midland as the Route)

Last edited:

yorkie

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Administrator
The return part of a Marston Green - Worcester Stns SVR is valid for a journey from Worcester Stns - Marston Green. Some clerks will be willing to excess this to Coventry, but others will not as the outward portion of the ticket has been used. You may have to try a few ticket offices. See here for more information
This ticket is routed Any Permitted, so if it was excessed, it would be valid on any TOC, including. (I suspect yorkie misread Fare Setter: London Midland as the Route)
Agreed. Sorry, no it's not operator specific, I made that mistake as I interpreted the OPs question as suggesting a change of operator was involved and that there would be a reason to believe it wouldn't be, ie a London Midland restriction.

Anyway I have been in contact with the OP via PM.

Status
Not open for further replies.