• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Plymouth visit/GWR Power-cars

Status
Not open for further replies.

Was in Devon last week which included a trip into Plymouth on Tues 21/05 & saw all the power cars there that had been used on those last runs on the 18th. When i got back to Plymouth station i was grabbing a few pics of the short hst's when all of a sudden 43185 Great Western coupled up to 43160 Sir Moir Lockhead turned up & sat on a bay platform for about 15mins before departing back in the direction of LA. Not sure what it was doing, poss off lease, but it seemed a little strange after the events of the previous saturday to get a picture of hst's on three different platforms ?

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

nat67

Established Member
Was in Devon last week which included a trip into Plymouth on Tues 21/05 & saw all the power cars there that had been used on those last runs on the 18th. When i got back to Plymouth station i was grabbing a few pics of the short hst's when all of a sudden 43185 Great Western coupled up to 43160 Sir Moir Lockhead turned up & sat on a bay platform for about 15mins before departing back in the direction of LA. Not sure what it was doing, poss off lease, but it seemed a little strange after the events of the previous saturday to get a picture of hst's on three different platforms ?
Probably turning the power cars around and test running maybe. And 43185 has now gone off lease.

Railperf

Established Member
Loads of power cars and trailers at Laira on view yesterday. Seems a lot of stuff there still to go off-lease.
Does anyone know how much GWR are holding on to - particularly until the Gti sets are complete?

Status
Not open for further replies.