• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Police to train driver

Status
Not open for further replies.

Speedbird100

Hi, has anyone left the police (as an officer) to become a train driver?? If yes, any thoughts on it? Recommended change of career? Regrets? Thanks

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

WrongRoad

dctraindriver

Use the search function and you’ll see many posts asking the same. Loads of ex cops have come over

Newapplicant

Hi, has anyone left the police (as an officer) to become a train driver?? If yes, any thoughts on it? Recommended change of career? Regrets? Thanks
Hi there Speedbird100 - I'm police staff specifically working within custody. I am currently going through the recruitment process with Northern at the moment as it's a dream career for me.

Best of luck should you apply.

jacey

Police staff here and set to start as a Trainee driver this month! go for it, any questions happy to help.

SuperS16v

Police officer here currently in the process. This was the preferred career choice for me so really hoping to get it!

I've been gone 3 ½ years and no regrets at all, managed to escape by becoming a Train Manager however I'm now out all alone as a driver. Go for it and escape The Job!

There are plenty of ex-police officers based at Leeds as qualified drivers. I’d say every single one of them is happier now than they were in the police from what you can gather when speaking to them.

Sorcerer

One of the people at my OPC assessments was from the police force, and as pointed out here, there are several threads and posters who have made the transition from police to train driver. Based on that I would argue that the police are among the best suited for the role should they pass psychometrics as they have usually been trained to be calm under pressure and have experience dealing with difficult and unexpected situations.

Astro_Orbiter

Why do we always see these threads? Why's it always police? Never see threads that are Tesco workers wanting to come to the railway lol

Jimbo12345

It’s the weekly police/fire/ambulance to train driver thread lol. Honestly. To answer your question, yes many many ex coppers & the rest on the trains.

Status
Not open for further replies.