• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Poor quality ticket printing

Status
Not open for further replies.

lyesbkz

How badly does a TVM need to be printing tickets before something gets done about it? For example:

Capture.PNG

It's particularly irritating that the price is unreadable, for example, as this will make it a lot harder to claim back the cost of the tickets from work!

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

najaB

Veteran Member
Yes. I mentioned it to booking office staff and also to Customer Relations. In both cases the reply was that the journey details are visible and therefore there is no problem.
That's surprising as they are barely visible.

sheff1

Established Member
That's surprising as they are barely visible.

Not surprising at all I'm afraid - this is EMT we are talking about. I have long since stopped reporting such things to them as they are not at all interested.

dave87016

Established Member
I got advance tickets printed out of machine at Darwen ( same format) and the date isn't clearly visible same as tickets above

Paul Kelly

Verified Rep - BR Fares
the reply was that the journey details are visible and therefore there is no problem.
I'm not sure about that - there would appear to be a breach of Section 6 of the Regulation of Railways Act 1889:
Passenger ticket to have fare printed thereon.

From and after a date to be fixed by order of the Board of Trade, and subject to such exceptions, if any, as may be allowed by such order, every passenger ticket issued by any railway company in the United Kingdom shall bear upon its face, printed or written in legible characters, the fare chargeable for the journey for which such ticket is issued, and any railway company issuing any passenger ticket in contravention of the provisions of this section shall be liable to a penalty not exceeding level 1 on the standard scale for every ticket so issued, to be recovered on summary conviction.
--- old post above --- --- new post below ---
Or has that section been repealed? I'm not sure I fully understand that legislation website.

Romilly

Established Member
Or has that section been repealed? I'm not sure I fully understand that legislation website.

It would appear that it has been repealed as part of the law of England and Wales, and as part of the law of Scotland, but is still part of the law of Northern Ireland.

najaB

Veteran Member
Yes, it has been repealed.
--- old post above --- --- new post below ---
However, I'm pretty sure that the format and technical standard mentioned in the TSA requires the fare to be printed and visible.
TSA Part 6-26 said:
3 (b) Unless the Ticket or Reservation Voucher does not relate to an RSP-settled Product, it must also:-
(i) be printed in a format specified from time to time by the Ticketing and Settlement Scheme Council; and
(ii) comply with any technical specifications determined by the RSP with a view to reducing the risk of fraud and/or enabling the Ticket or Reservation Voucher to be issued on Approved TIMs.

Status
Not open for further replies.