• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Portsmouth To Waterloo Closed

Status
Not open for further replies.
The Line is closed between Petersfield and Haslemere on the Portsmouth to Waterloo line Due to 6N02 (66091) Hitting a Large metal bin placed on the line at Liphook. The crane might be needed to lift 66091 so may remain shut for sometime. I feel sorry for all the Portsmouth fans trying to get to Wembley.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

paul1609

Established Member
Theres a degree of irony in this. SWT have been specifically advertising that they will be issuing penalty fares to any football supporters travelling on Southern Only tickets (dont they normally?)
They also seemed to have the hump when Southern organised 4 special footexs to London Bridge from Portsmouth Harbour calling at Portsmouth and Southsea, Fratton, Havant, Chichester and London Bridge!
Portsmouth to London Victoria services have also been strengthened to 8 cars on the Portsmouth portion.
http://www.southernrailway.com/sout...ts-on-extra-cup-final-trains-for-pompey-fans/

Geezertronic

Established Member
Who in their right mind would put something like that on the line?

I was on the 1823 ex Euston VT service on Thursday and just after the service called at Coventry (and just before the service gained speed, before Canley), the train stopped and the Train Manager announced that the driver was removing a bike off the line.

Idiots putting lives at risk... :|

The Line has now re-opened at 0750. Not bad shut from 0130 – 0750 all because of a metal bin and a teenager who can’t hold his beer !!!!

GearJammer

What was 66091 doing up there? Is the 6N02 the Hollybourne tanks? That could've been nasty if had all come off the rails!
Was 091 damaged and crane required to rerail it?

HSTfan!!!

Established Member
Who in their right mind would put something like that on the line?

This sort of stuff happens everyday unfortunately, for some people it's apparently funny... probably the same idiots who whinge when there train is late/it's expensive/there's not a train late enough to get me home after a night on the ******

yorkie

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Administrator
Theres a degree of irony in this. SWT have been specifically advertising that they will be issuing penalty fares to any football supporters travelling on Southern Only tickets (dont they normally?)
They aren't allowed to issue PFs for that reason, according to a FCC RPI on here who is trained on issuing PFs.

SWT are about as dodgy a company as you'll get (they defied TfL when TfL said that PFs would not be issued to people who should have got, but didn't get, an OEP) so it would not surprise me if they 'try it on'. The way they treat their employees can be disgusting too. If their management spent as much time researching how to make customers happy instead of sniping at their own staff and their own customers then they would be a much better company.

CarterUSM

Established Member
They aren't allowed to issue PFs for that reason, according to a FCC RPI on here who is trained on issuing PFs.

SWT are about as dodgy a company as you'll get (they defied TfL when TfL said that PFs would not be issued to people who should have got, but didn't get, an OEP) so it would not surprise me if they 'try it on'. The way they treat their employees can be disgusting too. If their management spent as much time researching how to make customers happy instead of sniping at their own staff and their own customers then they would be a much better company.

Sounds very similar to my TOC. It's a good shout though, goodwill can take a while to earn, but seconds to lose.

Status
Not open for further replies.