• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Power Cut at Raynes Park 16/10/14

Status
Not open for further replies.

wimbledonpete

Hi

Odd localised power cut in Raynes Park this morning that affected some traffic lights outside the station, the info screens and gates on the up side. Staff were telling people with Oyster PAYG to touch in on the down side which got me thinking - those of us with Oyster Travelcards who just walked through the open gates, would we have been open to question by an RPI? I know that touching in and not out or vice versa doesn't actually result in a penalty on the card itself but I'm never that clear if it's acceptable or not.

Even if it's not, the staff were obviously taking the pragmatic approach, otherwise there'd have been a moderate amount of chaos. Presumably RPIs would check with Raynes Park if told that there was no requirement to touch in?

Thanks!

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

bb21

Emeritus Moderator
I think strictly speaking you are supposed to touch in and out on every journey even if you have a Travelcard season, but AFAIK this is very rarely enforced if you are within your zones.

Status
Not open for further replies.